1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google bots visiting very rarely...

Hello,

A few weeks ago my site had thousands of bot visits a day... It's a page about games so it's very dynamic, the main page changes few times a day, there are many articles and stuff like that... For almost two years I've had freequent visits of google bots, but recently they visit only once month, or once every few weeks... Has something changed in google...? What should I do...?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by bigboy177
    Hello,

A few weeks ago my site had thousands of bot visits a day... It's a page about games so it's very dynamic, the main page changes few times a day, there are many articles and stuff like that... For almost two years I've had freequent visits of google bots, but recently they visit only once month, or once every few weeks... Has something changed in google...? What should I do...?
    Add new content more frequently and build strong backlinks to your site.

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Make your XML site map & submite it to google, & give a link to ur XML site mape in ur blogs & articles, put a little bit of more quality content.
    make htaccess file for ur dynamic urls.

Thanks
    Day Kevi
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by pro_seo
    Add new content more frequently and build strong backlinks to your site.
    Thanks for your reply.

There are quality articles added everyday... I think that there are about 10-20 new articles a day... All of them are displayed on the main page... So I don't think that google bots should stop visiting...

Originally Posted by daykevi
    Make your XML site map & submite it to google, & give a link to ur XML site mape in ur blogs & articles, put a little bit of more quality content.
    make htaccess file for ur dynamic urls.
    Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking of making a site map, but I simply don't have time at the moment... And I don't think that not having a site map is the cause of google bots not showing...

I have plenty of links to my site, a lot of quality content, and I have all my links rewritten from dynamic to static htmls using htaccess...

The site was doing fine for two years, and suddenly about two weeks ago I've noticed that google bots visit went down a lot... I haven't changed anything lately, the site is the same (script wise) since june 2006...
  9. What The Feck..
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by bigboy177
    Thanks for your reply.

There are quality articles added everyday... I think that there are about 10-20 new articles a day... All of them are displayed on the main page... So I don't think that google bots should stop visiting...

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking of making a site map, but I simply don't have time at the moment... And I don't think that not having a site map is the cause of google bots not showing...

I have plenty of links to my site, a lot of quality content, and I have all my links rewritten from dynamic to static htmls using htaccess...

The site was doing fine for two years, and suddenly about two weeks ago I've noticed that google bots visit went down a lot... I haven't changed anything lately, the site is the same (script wise) since june 2006...

Are the articles origional?if yes then dont worry.

Also keep these things in mind.......

1. Add dynamic and quality content.

2. Keep building themed and quality links.

3. Submit your sitemap to google.

4. Pray hard....

Dont worry keep doin what you have been doin and you will soon see the results....
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

My best guess also is that the number of your backlinks must have dropped or that you lost the most important ones. Of course, Google might have changed its algorithms in a way that is particularly unfortunate for your site, its topic and contents... Verify that you still have many backlinks, especially make sure that the links from important sites are still there.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Yea, consider each backlink another invitation to the bot to visit, the more invitations the greater chance it will show up. If the bot enjoyed the party and found it interesting it will keep coming back, stay longer and even see some of the small rooms in your house. Then over time, like some house guests, you will want to limit the parties the bot can attend because of all the booze it consumes.

Comments on this post

• gazzahk agrees : I like the anology
    • EpureanuBogdan agrees : lol
    Keyword Meta Questions Answered
    HTAccess Redirects

Adversity is a spice when added to life makes the dish more interesting.

A magic marker is a SEO's "Easy Button".