1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Big Daddy Help

Every since big daddy has gone into effect my site has been hit very hard.

This started around Feb 28. Essentially on the 28 my 200 page site fell from number 1 to number 60. I did not worry as it has happen in other updates. Then through March if was anywhere from 30 to 60 depending on the google dance.

However, in April it is now nowhere to be found in the SERPS. Essentially if I do a site:www.whatever.com I can find about 30 of my deep internal pages but not my home page and very few pages one click off home. Before big daddy my site was fully indexed.

However, if I do a seach for a unique sentenance in quotes on my home page it will find it in the index and it is the only result so there are no duplicates showing.

My site is two years old and according to msn I have about 1300 backlinks and yahoo showes 2000 back links. I have worked hard on getting links and it paid for the first last year and a half. But big daddy has but a damper on all my work.

Once think I am noticing is that may of the link pages linking to my site are appearing in the results some even in the top 20 results. Also articles I have written are getting good results some in the top 10 of certain keywords.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am still getting good results in MSN and Yahoo, but google is killing me.

Thank you,
    pagtay
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I know what you mean. Some very strange results are popping up in G right now. I have also seen other sites' links pages that contain my link popping up in the top 50 results for a major keyword. That makes no sense as my anchor text on that page is the only relevance and mention of that particular keyword.

My guess is that Google will tighten this up over the next couple of weeks. I mean, I even saw a parked domain in the top 10 for one keyword search. That makes no sense.

Google will be fiddling to deal with it I'm sure.

As far as your partular site goes I'm not sure what to say. I know that out of my collection of about 15 sites, only a few of them have been adversely affected by Big Daddy- even though I employ the same strategies for all the sites. So its difficult if not impossible to pinpoint the issue that's negatively impacting those few sites.

On those particular sites I know that Google kept throwing my secondary pages into my main keyword searches rather than my homepage- which makes no sense. And often when my homepage would show up it would be like this:
    http://www.mysites/index.htm or something like that. Grrrr- this seems to be a canonicalization issue that has still not been resolved by Google.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Darrenbrett
    I know what you mean. Some very strange results are popping up in G right now. I have also seen other sites' links pages that contain my link popping up in the top 50 results for a major keyword. That makes no sense as my anchor text on that page is the only relevance and mention of that particular keyword.

My guess is that Google will tighten this up over the next couple of weeks. I mean, I even saw a parked domain in the top 10 for one keyword search. That makes no sense.

Google will be fiddling to deal with it I'm sure.

As far as your partular site goes I'm not sure what to say. I know that out of my collection of about 15 sites, only a few of them have been adversely affected by Big Daddy- even though I employ the same strategies for all the sites. So its difficult if not impossible to pinpoint the issue that's negatively impacting those few sites.

On those particular sites I know that Google kept throwing my secondary pages into my main keyword searches rather than my homepage- which makes no sense. And often when my homepage would show up it would be like this:
    http://www.mysites/index.htm or something like that. Grrrr- this seems to be a canonicalization issue that has still not been resolved by Google.
    Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better that someone else is seeing the same things as I. Hopefully G will get it all figured out soon.

One thing I am hearing is that the new algorithm is providing much more weight to overall trust value so if you publish something and it gets say 200 links to it and then an authority site does a piece about your article and that get links to it the authority will rank higher than the orginal source for all the relevant keywords and if enough of your article is quoted by the authority site your article will not even show up in the results.

Kind of seems to be what is happening to me in some cases as some of my articles are ranking very high and have been referenced very many times by other authorities.

Anyway hope it gets better soon.

Thanks for the reply,
    Pagtay