1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Analytics Reports

Hi. I bought a site for quite cheap that has following Google Analytics code

<script src="w3 google-analytics com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">_uacct = "UA-1234567-8";urchinTracker();</script><script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Unfortunately the former owner doesn't have access to the analytics code or doesn't know how to retrieve it. I am interested in historical traffic data. How can I get access to this account UA-1234567-8 ??
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Analytics code

Originally Posted by Bingtran

<script src="w3 google-analytics com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">_uacct = "UA-1234567-8";urchinTracker();</script><script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Unfortunately the former owner doesn't have access to the analytics code or doesn't know how to retrieve it. I am interested in historical traffic data. How can I get access to this account UA-1234567-8 ??
    Put this Google analytic code before </body> tag and if you need verify this code login with gmail id and retrieve you code there and if you need access analytic with more id there are a option so add your new id in analytic dashboard.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Bingtran

If the previous owner don't have the access or don't have the orginal ID and PW that has been used for analytics set up, I guess there is no other alternative to retrive the account.

You need to create another account with a new ID. Although you will loose all the previous data.

Comments on this post

• Xaver agrees : I think too, that without access to the GG Analytics account there is no way to access the historical data.