1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google Analytics is not showing the visits for homepage but showing the visits to the

Hi ALL
    Can it be possible that u r not getting any visit for homepage of the website and getting many visits for internal pages like contact us and services..?

Obviously if some1 will open homepage then he/ she will see contact us or services page? is;nt it

Google analytics is not showing any visit for homepage only showing visits in internal pages

Moreover no traffic is showing from referring websites...?Though we are doing daily submission into press release and article syndication websites...

What can be the reason.. I have checked the tracking code.. its rt and also placed it before head close. Also if it has been placed wrong then it would not even show the status of direct traffic?

Pls guys tell me what shuld i do?
  3. 魔鬼是我的背部
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by claira fernande
    Hi ALL
    Can it be possible that u r not getting any visit for homepage of the website and getting many visits for internal pages like contact us and services..?

Obviously if some1 will open homepage then he/ she will see contact us or services page? is;nt it

Google analytics is not showing any visit for homepage only showing visits in internal pages

Moreover no traffic is showing from referring websites...?Though we are doing daily submission into press release and article syndication websites...

What can be the reason.. I have checked the tracking code.. its rt and also placed it before head close. Also if it has been placed wrong then it would not even show the status of direct traffic?

Pls guys tell me what shuld i do?
    i dont know what u r talking about . the analytics code is placed just before the closing body tag. if tracking code is there on the home page, then u r not able to read the stats of the home page. It is shown like this '/' for the home page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

hi

the code is placed on just before the head close..

No its not even showing the visits for "\"
  7. 魔鬼是我的背部
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by claira fernande
    the code is placed on just before the head close..

No its not even showing the visits for "\"
    the code should be placed before the closing body tag (</body>). r u loging in as an administrator? Do u ve the privileges to see certain stats.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

remove that analytics code and add fresh code
  11. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

It sounds very much like the code is in the wrong place - it should be the last element in the body of the HTML document.

If the tracking code is tracking on other pages it doesn't make sense to get new code - the code is fine -the implementation may not be.

Do a control to test that the home page isn't working - visit it several times. You location, network name etc will show up.

Are you redirecting from an old home page to a new one and the document isn't being loaded?

Eg do you have code in index.html but have a redirect to index.php perhaps?

Diagnose and resolve.