1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Google and Altavista backward links

Hello,

As you know, if you make a search on Gooogle backward links, and on Altavista backward links, more often than not the results will be very different..i.e. Altavista's links will be times more than Google's.

1) I have been reading in the forums that Google will not show backward links unless they come from sites with PR 4 or higher.

My observations are that this is not 100% true - I have seen the opposite.

2) On the other hand, Google does not always show backward links that have PR 4

I have seen that too on a couple of websites of my competitors. (Altavista shows the link, and it comes from website with PR4 , but Google does not show it)

With this in mind, I would like to ask you : Do you know if links that come from sites that show on Altavista but do not show at Google - if Google takes them into consideration.

Specifically a) the links and the anchor text in them
    b) If they bring any PR...

Thanks in advance for clearing this out for me.

Regards,
    Svetla
  3. Self-managed!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

1) you're right ... google is showing up a backlinks to my site for 3 updates now, but it is still pr0
    2) it may be due to the fact that new backlinks show up after 2-3 updates ( google )

With this in mind, I would like to ask you : Do you know if links that come from sites that show on Altavista but do not show at Google - if Google takes them into consideration.
    google knows about them and consider them for ranking your web site and they also pass pr to pages they link to