Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO Elite
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Google Adsense very distrubing!

I am very upset at my earnings through google adsense. I have noticed that my payouts for every single one of my websites (30+ sites) have been cut by 50% or more. Below is some information:

auto related website:

today 6 cents per click
    yesterday 9 cents per click earnings: $12
    last 7 days 12 cents per click earnings: $20 per day
    March 29 cents per click earnings: $66 per day
    February 32 cents per click earnings: $79 per day

So I used to get 32 cents per click, now they pay me 6 cents per click. This is 20% of what they used to pay me. They have cut payout by 80%.

Another website entertainment related:

feb 06 7 cents per click earnings: $121 per day
    mar 06 8 cents per click earnings: $76 per day
    april 06 8 cents per click earnings: $28 per day
    may 06 9 cents per click earnings: $31 per day
    june 06 8 cents per click earnings: $28 per day
    july 06 9 cents per click earnings: $51 per day
    aug 06 7 cents per click earnings: $37 per day
    sept 06 8 cents per click earnings: $33 per day
    oct 06 6.5 cents per click earnings: $69 per day 32,484 ad clicks sent to google
    nov 06 6 cents per click earnings: $70 per day 35,043 ad clicks sent to google
    dec 06 5 cents per click earnings: $21 per day 12,555 ad clicks sent to google
    jan 07 4 cents per click earnings: $13 per day 9,435 ad clicks sent to google
    feb 07 7 cents per click earnigns: $8 per day 3,022 ad clicks sent to google
    mar 07 6 cents per click earnings: $15 per day 6,782 ad clicks sent to google
    april 07 3 cents per click

With averaging 8 cents per click before, now they are paying 3 cents per click. This means they have cut payout by more than half / 50%.

Another website entertainment related:

mar 06 6 cents per click earnings: $27 per day 10,728 ad clicks sent to google
    april 06 6 cents per click earnings: $35 per day 17,976 ad clicks sent to google

so far through april 07 2 cents per click earnings: 10 per day 8,283 ad clicks sent to google

Notice here they have also cut payout by MORE than half.

I send google tens of thousands of clicks per month. Sometimes hundreds of thousands of ad clicks. This is how I get rewarded? In the past month I have had to send more and more of my clicks away to other advertisers such as Yahoo ads. This is very disturbing. Please tell me there is a mistake . I know that most of the advertisers are the same and I have very little ads blocked.
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    I took the hit a couple of months back. It has come back a little in the past month, but nothing near where it used to be. I dropped 60-70%... Now at 50% of where it was last year... I have increased my CTR with more traffic with a lot less Adsense revenue. Guess who is getting greedy?
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. Contributing User

I averaged 10 cents per click in 2006 and still average 10 cents per click in 2007. I do spend a lot of time adding sites to the filter that are adsense only sites. Is that a good idea? Seems to make sence to me they wouldn't be paying well. My eCPM has only decreased very slightly from 06 to 07 and I have increased my page CTR 2% overall through relocation and addition of ads.
    Keyword Meta Questions Answered
    HTAccess Redirects

Adversity is a spice when added to life makes the dish more interesting.

A magic marker is a SEO's "Easy Button".
  7. Customized?
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

They cut mine as well. Not as much as yours though.
    I tripled my AdViews, doubled my clicks but my revenue more or less the same.
  9. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

maybe because there too many register user at google adsense..
    they don't have enough budget... what do you think... or maybe its just the first few months..
  11. Contributing User

Originally Posted by leftybogs
    maybe because there too many register user at google adsense..
    they don't have enough budget... what do you think... or maybe its just the first few months..
    That and tax time in the US - people spending less until the tax burden is determined? Hopefully see increases in May.
  13. SEO Elite

Originally Posted by NavyCS
    That and tax time in the US - people spending less until the tax burden is determined? Hopefully see increases in May.
    amount paid per click was average in april of 06 and not way down like today
  15. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I'm not sure if this is related, but my income is mainly from affiliate sales, in the last year I have seen the commission offered increase quite a lot, maybe not quite double, but heading that way.

Maybe advertisers are going more for the Pay Per Action approach rather than ppc.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What may help you is to update your website with new information. Since ads are related to the words on the page, if you talk about something that can alert a high paying keyword, then an ad for that can appear on your site, which can generate in more money then another click.
  19. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Your analysis basically is correct. However, Adsense site practioners already know which keywords will generat the most income. The secret really lies in being able to have your Adsense based page place high in the SERPs. With that focused traffic you normally do well on your Adsense ads. Without traffic you get NOTHING.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

yea I don't know if they've always done this, but adwords has a thing where you can put a ctr a lot lower then what the competitors do and it only shows up on the websites and not the search engines, so they get cheaper clicks and the only people that suffer are the people using adsense I kind of wish adsense would show you more info. Like what keywords they are using to show ads, allow you to pick a min ctr or something. Adsense is the only network I know of that doesn't tell you if your getting 50/50 or 40/60 and what the ctr is. Just have to put it up and pray it'll give you money.
  23. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

hmmmm.... everybody immediately cusses Google for this? That might be shallow analysis.

How about an aggressive bidder, reducing the amount bid? Or maybe that bidder got smart and made better landing pages? Or a promotion that is now over and no one bidding on those KWs? Seasons change, tax time comes and goes, products go out of cycle, attentions from advertisers heat and cool.

If you are in a small niche and I bring in a site on your topic that generates 70,000 clicks per day then the supply just shot up, thus price might go down.

My response to this would be experiment with ad placement, ad format, get more traffic, write more content.

Comments on this post

• Bazza UK agrees : Absolutely bang on
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  25. B afraid.. B very afraid!

I would agree if it is an isolated occurence. A broad based reduction over the total population is likely a horse of a different color. This thread should attempt to determine is this Adsense reduction broad based or a few simple webmasters complaining. I believe it to be broad based... cause I ain't much into complaining.
  27. SEO Elite

Egol,

I have 30+ sites with adsense. There has been a reduction of amount paid per click across the board in the last 6 to 12 months and especially in the last month. Payouts on most websites are 50% less per click than what they were 12 months ago. These websites are different genres and some completely unrelated.

Ad placement , getting more traffic, and writing more content doesnt determine how much they pay you per click.
  29. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

30-50% drop by me. We should also note the drastic increase of Google Adwords bids as well.

it's terrible me thinks, and the instant Yahoo gets their YPN game together and pushes it worldwide way more people will vote with their feet and get away from Google.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: