Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Godaddy problem and poor customer support

I have been in contact wtih godadddy regarding the Google problem via phone and email since last Thursday.

From the beginning I have been more than patient with them, and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Assuming that they valued their customers, they would do their best to resolve this siutation and keep their customers informed of the progress.

Today I had two experiences with them, that has made me decide to switch hosting companies for all of my sites.

First I had called them this morning. I was very surprised to discover that the front line tech support people had no clue as to what "Google problem" I was referring to. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he was on another line and would return my call ASAP. Five hours later I have still not received a return call.

Second, (and this one takes the cake) was the email exchange I had with tech support.

ME: "I wanted to check with you on the status of the problem with godaddy hosted sites not being listed correctly on Google. With the last communication I received from you, I was informed that this situation has been escalated to upper level support. Please provide me with a detailed update on the cause and solution of this problem, as I am needing to make a decision on whether or not I am going to continue hosting my sites with godaddy."

GODADDY: "We are currently in communication with Google regarding this situation. We have a strong relationship with Google and are working to resolve this as expeditiously as possible."

ME: "With all do respect your answer [that] is not a sufficient answer to my question. I and other webmasters have been loosing business due to this huge problem and I would appreciate a much more detailed analysis of the situation, an anticipated date of resolution and the status of any plans by godaddy to compensate webmasters for their losses. I have been in contact with you via phone and email since last Thursday and my patience on this is wearing thin. I would like to have this resolved by Wednesday sometime or I will have no other choice but to find another company to host my sites.

GODADDY: "I apologize, but we are working diligently to get this resolved."

Godaddy's inability to provide their customers with a sufficient response to a major problem, shows me that they do not value my business. Therefore, unless something changes betwen now and tomorrow morning, I will be changing hosting providers.

It is one thing to have a the sites disappear from Google. It's a techincal problem and I cannot neccessarily fault them for that. However, it is a much greater problem for them not to have provided the neccessary customer support during this time.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Guys,

(i do not personally have anything with godaddy) to start..

I know you are all in great dispair here over this issue and i'd love to have a way to help but do you really think GoDaddy cares about anyones placement in google? all they would care about is if the dot com was still online.
    I know this should be delt with and i dont want to sound like an *** which i know many of you reading this have already thought because myself and others are not in this situation, but look at the size of go daddy and their contracts they dont say anything about google or holding ranks in it when you host with them so i wouldnt expect anytime soon for this to be fixed... I think you are all better off either a: waiting it out for another month if you can afford to, or switch hosting providers.

flame me if you wish but i'd rather see you guys move onto different hosts and face few moments of down time and get back into the seo, rather than waiting for a response or fix from a company who isnt breaching any of their contracts with this problem and who as it seems from all of you contacting them dont really care about it.
  5. Contributing User

I understand what you are saying. However I would disagree with you in one respect. Godaddy by being a web hosting company, does need to assure that the sites they host are able to operate in the web environment as it stands. Now if all of us were upset because our Godaddy sites were unable to be spidered by some oddball search engine, then I would understand that they would not rush to fix it. But (like it or not) Google rules the web and something has occured between godaddy and Google that prevents Godaddy hosted sites from being on Google.

Godaddy has acknowledged that there is a problem and that they are working to resolve it. My problem with Godaddy is not so much the fact that they screwed up and got a bunch of sites dropped off of Google, but my problem is that they have not replied to my repeated requests for information. If they would have taken the time to send me a detailed email instead of a canned reply or the person that said they were going to call me would have actually called me, I may not be as disgruntled as I now am.

While I may not be their biggest customer, I am certainly not their smallest. Irregardless of that, they need to provide quality customer support. Right on their site they state "We also want you to know that we take great pride in providing our customers with excellent customer service." In this case they have failed.
  7. Contributing User

I did receive a phone call from Godaddy just now. The tech support supervisor told me that they are aware of the problem and working with Google to get it resolved. When I told him I had heard that answer from them days ago and wanted to know if there was any more specific information he could provide, he told me that that was all he was informed of at this time and honestly aoplogized.

He suggested that I contact the president of Godaddy, who can be reached at president@godaddy.com

I am going to do that and suggest others do the same.
  9. King of da Wackos

:::do you really think GoDaddy cares about anyones placement in google? all they would care about is if the dot com was still online.

Um, if they get hundreds of webmasters complaining, yah, they will care. They don't want to lose the web hosting business. I use them, but just for domain registration, which doesn't make you not get listed.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I sent the following letter to president@godaddy.com, dated 11/1/03 (Saturday)

I host the following site through Godaddy: www.aaanimalcontrol.com

After October 8th, when Google did its update, I no longer appeared in Google's search results because Google had no cached record of any of my pages. Please do a search for - allinurl:www.aaanimalcontrol.com - and you will see that there are no cached pages. I thought that my site might return with the most recent update, but it has not.

My website was my primary source of customers, and I've lost thousands of dollars because potential customers haven't been able to find my site. I am very frustrated and angry.

In my research on the issue, I have found dozens of others who are experiencing the exact same problem, and all use Godaddy as a host. Many of them are making no delay in switching hosts, and I will likely join them.

Please research and address this issue.

-David Seerveld
  13. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

They are taking too long resolving this!!!!

But to make us feel a tiny bit better....

Godaddy.com has been removed from the Google Index! :grin:

I would have FLIPPED out if it was listed...

The GODADDY CURSE forum:
    http://pub149.ezboard.com/bsearchenginetrafic
    -
  15. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User

They are taking too long resolving this!!!!
    It could already be resolved for all we know (I do not know) - if it was a problem with Googlebot crawling the sites, then the site dropped will not magically reappear in the Google index when GoDaddy is fixed. When GoDaddy fixed, it could take more than a month or so for all sites to be picked up again by Google.

CBP
  17. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

Yea - Im going to call and get a status on this now.....

but I doubt the worked it out yet.....

Hope I'm wrong - but either way - I'll probobly switch to a dedicated server....

I'm figuring there going to mass email customers when resolved....

unless there hoping not too many people noticed...

but I think thats not likely...
  19. King of da Wackos

Do you all have the same IP address??? Google might of banned Godaddy's IP addresses. Just a guess.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

different ip's ---

I think GoDaddy baned the Googlebot IP?
  23. Contributing User

Godaddy.com has been removed from the Google Index!
    I noticed that last Thursday and showed this to the first tech support person I talked to. The same goes for wildwestdomains.com
  25. Contributing User

So. I (and others) sent letters to president@godaddy.com two days ago. I haven't received a reply and I am guessing that no one else has either.

As someone who has been in the business world for 17 years, this has to be one of the worst displays of customer support that I have ever experienced.

There is no excuse for this.
  27. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I too emailed president@godaddy.com and have not received a reply (don't expect to), but the service department has been answering each and every one of my emails. I requested that they refrain from using the "canned answer", and they have actually been replying specifically to my questions, although they have not really given me any kind of valuable update.

People on other forums are complaining that sites NOT hosted at GoDaddy have also fallen victim to Googlebot not visiting. Here's one post in reply from Google Guy:

"Hey all, I was posting to give more info for people hosting with GoDaddy, just to let them know that it appeared that connections by Googlebot were being dropped outside of Google. If your web site is hosted on 63.241.136.x, Googlebot probably can't reach you.
    If you're not on that subnet, go to
    http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
    and in the "additional details" section use the keyword "crawlmysite" and then tell me your site name and your WebmasterWorld nickname. I'll ask someone to check out and see if it's something at our end or whether there's some ISP/router out on the net that's not letting Googlebot in. "
  29. Contributing User

I really don't understand why they haven't given a target date for the resolution of the problem. If they would have done that earlier this week I think they could have saved a lot of their business.

Their customer support on this issue is deplorable.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo