1. No Profile Picture
    DAG
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Getting an Old Domain Spidered Again

I have an old domain that I had just thrown up a one page "site" on with no links or anything. I recently added a wordpress blog and have begun updating it daily, pinging with each update.

Google still has the old one page version indexed and hasn't returned to respider the page.

How can I get Google back on the site to see that it's now a blog? It's been about a week and a half maybe.

I'm afraid to send it inbound links because isn't it a bit unnatural for a site indexed as only one page (basically a glorified under construction page) to suddenly get links? Like how would someone logically have found the site if Google is still showing an old version?

(for yahoo and msn, domain isn't even indexed period)
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by DAG
    I'm afraid to send it inbound links because isn't it a bit unnatural for a site indexed as only one page (basically a glorified under construction page) to suddenly get links? Like how would someone logically have found the site if Google is still showing an old version?
    Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Go ahead and get the links. Google will probably revisit according to the same time frame it used to, but to speed it up, you could submit a sitemap to GWT, which would let G know you now have additional pages, and would likely prompt a re-crawl of the homepage also.
  5. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by DAG
    ... isn't it a bit unnatural for a site indexed as only one page (basically a glorified under construction page) to suddenly get links...
    No, as you said... it's not a one page site anymore (smiley here). It'll get indexed in due time but it'd be best to send a couple of decent links it's way. And then a steady stream as you seek to have it move up in the SERPS.
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows