1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Getting Google to add menu sublinks to google search display.

Hello all. I've been doing my best to learn proper SEO and implement it on a page I developed
    for a friend of mine. When I google forums.seochat.com, the google result for this page shows
    the proper title and meta description, as well as a nice sublink menu underneath. I've added
    relevant page titles and meta descriptions for each page, to no avail. Google still doesn't even
    have the updated title and meta description for my landing page, let alone my sub link pages.
    I've setup google search console, and indexed my sitemap file, as well as many other SEO
    optimizing techniques. I'm not sure what I'm missing.
    The page is creditscoremaestro.com
    Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Your site has many issues. Here are just a few of them...

It isn't mobile friendly at all, horizontal scrolling .... strike one

You have duplicate home pages addressable by different urls ..... strike 2

You have an unfinished site .... strike 3

Additional observations...

Google can not properly render the site.

The site looks very amateurish in design so it does not have that polished professional look.

You have a deliberate links page, a very bad idea in today's world.

I suggest you start learning a CMS for designing the site. Now before you go and say you can't because it is in asp/aspx , many hosting providers support php on ms servers.
    So I am suggesting you learn WordPress. It will make your life easier in very many ways. It will also solve many problems.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Oct 19th, 2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  5. No Profile Picture

Yeah, I actually have a little experience with Wordpress. And for a simple site like this, the PHP would be very basic stuff. I actually did design the site to be responsive, which you can see even in it's hacked up state when viewed on a phone. I'm not sure where you're seeing the horizontal scrolling, but I believe you because I got very lazy with the CSS as change after change was requested. Initially I was using it as a project to brush up on some CSS techniques. Anyways, I have a bootstrap version I'm about to replace it with, which will solve all of the responsive issues. I'll be adding a blog as well, and I'll just go ahead and remove any unfinished pages other than that.

So the links page, where I offer the PDFs and Forms, is no good? I figured Google would look at this and, since it's relevant content, consider it a plus. I can't really think of a way to offer these resources other than on a "links page." Any ideas?

BTW I did heed your advice by adding a Wordpress directory and have started tinkering with converting over. As warned by their techs, however, none of the plugins work Only works on unix account.

P.S. The site is down for the moment, because domain.com is trash when it comes to a windows account. I suggest only dealing with unix based if you ever go with domain.com
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SilenceDogood
    I'm not sure where you're seeing the horizontal scrolling
    My personal Phone is where I see it.

So the links page, where I offer the PDFs and Forms, is no good?
    The way you are presenting it is and presentation is key here, the concept can be done, but it has to be done properly. You just can't haphazardly do it.
  9. No Profile Picture

Alright thanks! I don't really know what presentation would be considered acceptable, but I'm guessing something mixed with some explanations of each document, maybe a short explanatory write-up. Thanks again for your help, I'll get back when I've implemented all the changes (looks much more polished with the bootstrap, guess a coder shouldn't be trying to design ), and see what else I'm doing wrong. I've been studying the html of competitors, and it looks like I'm not far off.
  11. No Profile Picture

Businesses the visitor will find useful, don't just limit it to a single niche, that can be a spam indicator if you only provide links to Lawyers as in your case.

Businesses that are local, say within a 30 mile radius, for instance your Google My Business listing has basically a 30 mile radius.

Moderation is key here. Reciprocal linking can be useful but in the same turn can be extremely deadly to your rankings.

Your site is national in reach, not just local. This presents additional issues. So other factors will play heavily here. My suggest is to not offer this for the moment until you have it sorted out and know exactly what you're doing. This really isn't something you can learn from a forum. You have a large learning curve on this item.

BTW you have another issue that is more pressing....

13. No Profile Picture

I'm aware the site is down, thanks though. That's what I was referring to at the end of my previous post. Domain.com is really a pain. I can't even access my own IIS console.

Hm. Great food for thought. However, I have two links pages, and neither of them link to businesses. They are both links to PDFs and Word Documents that are located within the website, and are basically items that can help with all things related to building or repairing credit (Dispute letters, etc...). Is this still to be considered no good? Thanks!
  15. No Profile Picture

Links on your site to inner pages on your site are 100% ok and not a worry.
  17. No Profile Picture

Awesome. Sorry to drag this out, I just want to ensure I understand your advice. When you said "Reciprocal linking can be useful but in the same turn can be extremely deadly to your rankings." What exactly do you mean by reciprocal linking? I thought this was the same as backlinks, which I thought were pretty much always a plus unless there are many backlinks of low quality. The reason I ask is because the company owner is putting together a pitch to some auto dealerships, which would involve putting links to each others site. I thought it was a great idea, now I'm rethinking, mainly because I'm not sure if this is what you meant by reciprocal linking. Thanks again.
  19. No Profile Picture

"Reciprocal linking can be useful but in the same turn can be extremely deadly to your rankings." What exactly do you mean by reciprocal linking?
    Reciprocal linking is basically two or more sites with link pointing to each other. I give you a link and in exchange you give me a link. Quite a common practice years past.

It is perfectly natural for some sites to have links pointing at each other.
    Roofing companies referring remodeling companies, or a credit repair site linking to life lock for instance. Makes sense, and more importantly, the link is useful. It's good for ranking.

The thing is you can have too many of them and that is bad, and no one really knows how many are too many.