Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. I Never Finish Anythi
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Getting .edu links (Still in the testing mode, just one method)

Hey guys.. This thread is in continuation with europas post regarding power of .edu links..

I have just completed with a small test which took around 4 months to complete..

What i did was, searched for .edu blogs and not sites..Then studied mostly all of them..a few with articles that i cudnt even understand though had a basic idea..(Technical Aspects aside)

Made a list of sites and gave each and every archive of it a thorough read. Then prepared myself with a few topics, researched internet for information regarding the topics published on the blog. compared the one thats written over there and then prepared a response to the best and almost relevant theme .. (Mostly there are questions and conclusions in the blog, So a good logical answer to answer anyone helps)..

This is just for one blog.. Had to prepare 30 answers atleast on diff topics ..

Alright then out of a list of around 40 .edu blogs, checked out for nofollows first (selfish me) found 35 without them (whoaaaa) ..

Ok the real test began , It was to place a link on my name whil i was replyin to the blog post, and would the link stayed for long or not? ..So i posted them on the selected sites..Out of 35 sites 6 sites did not allow any more postings..

But the other 29 Did!!! Well the testing phase is still on and i am waiting for my links to be removed.. its been 1 month and 3 weeks since the links are on..3 of my posts are even archived for the month of feb..lets see if those stay.. however, i still have 26 .edu links without nofollow pointing.. and i still researching for more links and topics.. its working for me..

ohh and i forgot to mention there were 4 blogs which asked me my university registration number to make a post..so had to leave them.. (so that makes it 24)..

Dont take it for granted as I am still testing it that how much time links stay there..Though one month is complete.. As of Now, I have to say it has worked, dunno about the later stage..

PS: dont try it until you are confident enuff of your posts.. Even i wasnt confident, but since i had to experiment, i personally left an option in my post i.e, if this post of mine, hurts/harms or points to any personal or brings out wrong facts, i would my request to remove.. Another point, .edu blogs are mostly read by students, so think before spam..

And yes.. I did not used keywords to have my link, but i made it on my name only..

Thought to share it with you all..I would be glad if more ideas are shared.. Do you guys feel thats a wrong and unethical approach, or in case any better way out to implement this idea..?

LKS

Comments on this post

• gazzahk agrees : well done..
    • john alphaone agrees : Thanks for sharing
    • raz agrees : Nice Work
    • GaryTheScubaGuy agrees
    • pro_seo agrees : Great...sorry no rep in the basket for you :(
    • DiffeeOnline agrees : Thank you for sharing -- I probably wouldn't have! But I'm not a good person, so...
    • Xaver agrees : Helpful. THX
    • CoolRider agrees : Great Work :)
    • EGOL agrees : I was going to give you neg rep for revealing this but changed my mind... if everybody goes out for those links this source will dry up fast.
    • seogoat agrees : Great post, thanks! You have to dig to find the decent stuff.
    Last edited by lovekills_s; Mar 21st, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
    Link Diary - Build Links Fast & Easy. Similar to Linkmarket, with option of three way link exchange and anchor rotation.

**"Save SEO Industry - GO VIRAL!! - Tips and Tricks ."**
    **"Live, not just to survive, But to Rule."**
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by lovekills_s
    .. Do you guys feel thats a wrong and unethical approach, or in case any better way out to implement this idea..?

LKS
    I think your approach has been really clever. And i think you a nice person to share it with the forum. You deserve your rep. You are a very helpful guy.
    Live the moment
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Good approach. Have you been able to detect any lift to your rankings from doing this?
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  7. I Never Finish Anythi

lol yup.. giving it a first thought, it looks like being a clever one.. but had to..i am praying that links aty atleast 4-5 months there..hope they do.. and thanks too ..

Dude you too are helpful.. we read each others posts.. dont we? u have some gr8 contributions with your name..

Would love if you could share your way to get those links?

LKS
  9. I Never Finish Anythi

Originally Posted by john alphaone
    Good approach. Have you been able to detect any lift to your rankings from doing this?
    Not yet John.. Still keeping a close eye on the SERPS to move.. its just the MSN showing a 2 positions rise.. thats all as of now .. lets see whats the outcome..

Thanks though
  11. Roll the dice.. and live

Dude you too are helpful.. we read each others posts.. dont we?

Would love if you could share your way to get those links?

LKS
    Yep i have learnt a lot from you. My edu links come from spending rediculous amounts of time creating free resouces for students/lecturers than telling people at unis about them. I sometimes wonder the research and effort that goes into the resource creation is worth it.... Then i see a new edu link... than i see clients walking through our door. The answer is yes. I must say i think this is google's greatest contribution to the net. It has made people want to create free resources. For this I commend google. Still I wish I knew a quick easy way to get to top of SERPs would leave me far more time to do the rest of my work.

SEOChat has taught me most of the things i have needed to know to get to top of SE. being at top of SE has put me on path to getting rich. I have five year plan that ends up with me living on beach in thailand and never working again. So far ite on track..

Thanks LKS

Comments on this post

• seogoat agrees : Yes Google has made people thirsty to create free resources and quality content. They've done a GOOD job I agree. I want to be on the beach too!
    Last edited by gazzahk; Mar 21st, 2007 at 07:57 AM.
  13. I Never Finish Anythi

Good enuff gazzahk..

your method is the best, genuine enuff method to get those links.. mine is a shortcut.. however this shortcut too consumed more then one month or work to write answers and informative posts.. but then i am still testing the durability of these links..

Thanks for sharing though..
    LKS
  15. Contributing User

I also did the same thing a few months ago,and my link is there till now...but most of the blogs didn't allow using html codes...so i just put on a simple website name in there....

did it happen with you too lovekills_s
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I tend to pick a name with some of the keywords I am targeting e.g. 'Fly Guy' when SEOing a flight site or 'Sem' for a search marketing site.
  19. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by saet
    I tend to pick a name with some of the keywords I am targeting e.g. 'Fly Guy' when SEOing a flight site or 'Sem' for a search marketing site.

Aren't you finding that more and more and more blog sites are now putting nofollows on all comments now?
  21. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Just a thought... with Google deeply discounting recip's, purchased, and forum links... would it not also stand to reason that blog links are now or soon will be suffering the same fate?

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees
    • europa agrees : I was thinking the same thing. Could be a lot of effort for little long term impact.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  23. Contributing User

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Just a thought... with Google deeply discounting recip's, purchased, and forum links... would it not also stand to reason that blog links are now or soon will be suffering the same fate?
    worth a thought.....
  25. SEO bull
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Exactly what I wanted to post here...

Also, are those blogs somehow related to your site? Because I don't think your name is what you want to rank for.
    Nor I think the forum post, even from an .edu site will raise your trust much. This is not what we are looking for when we talk about edu links. It is only a smarter spam.

I worked 3 month on .edu links and I got only 5, but each of them is absolutely related, PR6 and permanent (AND one is from harvard.edu). There is no fear that they will put it somewhere in an archive.

I bet my 5 edu links are worth more than your 30 forum links. As you are talking about edu links it looks like you are looking for quality. But, in fact, you choosed quantity over quality.

PS: Otherwise I like your posts very much, but this one...
  27. No Profile Picture
    User Contributor

I've been using similar methods. For more easy searches, I posted about it this week:
    http://www.brandon-hopkins.com/want-a-free-edu-link-how-about-64200
  29. SEO Monger

I have considered going down their route but have yet to implement it. Thank you for your first hand knowledge, it helps us all.

Hey guys.. This thread is in continuation with europas post regarding power of .edu links..

I have just completed with a small test which took around 4 months to complete..

What i did was, searched for .edu blogs and not sites..Then studied mostly all of them..a few with articles that i cudnt even understand though had a basic idea..(Technical Aspects aside)

Made a list of sites and gave each and every archive of it a thorough read. Then prepared myself with a few topics, researched internet for information regarding the topics published on the blog. compared the one thats written over there and then prepared a response to the best and almost relevant theme .. (Mostly there are questions and conclusions in the blog, So a good logical answer to answer anyone helps)..

This is just for one blog.. Had to prepare 30 answers atleast on diff topics ..

Alright then out of a list of around 40 .edu blogs, checked out for nofollows first (selfish me) found 35 without them (whoaaaa) ..

Ok the real test began , It was to place a link on my name whil i was replyin to the blog post, and would the link stayed for long or not? ..So i posted them on the selected sites..Out of 35 sites 6 sites did not allow any more postings..

But the other 29 Did!!! Well the testing phase is still on and i am waiting for my links to be removed.. its been 1 month and 3 weeks since the links are on..3 of my posts are even archived for the month of feb..lets see if those stay.. however, i still have 26 .edu links without nofollow pointing.. and i still researching for more links and topics.. its working for me..

ohh and i forgot to mention there were 4 blogs which asked me my university registration number to make a post..so had to leave them.. (so that makes it 24)..

Dont take it for granted as I am still testing it that how much time links stay there..Though one month is complete.. As of Now, I have to say it has worked, dunno about the later stage..

PS: dont try it until you are confident enuff of your posts.. Even i wasnt confident, but since i had to experiment, i personally left an option in my post i.e, if this post of mine, hurts/harms or points to any personal or brings out wrong facts, i would my request to remove.. Another point, .edu blogs are mostly read by students, so think before spam..

And yes.. I did not used keywords to have my link, but i made it on my name only..

Thought to share it with you all..I would be glad if more ideas are shared.. Do you guys feel thats a wrong and unethical approach, or in case any better way out to implement this idea..?

LKS
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: