Thread: Geo-Address?

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Geo-Address?

I have a question that I was hoping some of the experts may be able to help me with. I need to promote a product to one city only.

Would I be better with:

this_is_an_example.html

or

this_is_an_example_london.html

or does it make any difference?

Thanks people : )
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by PolarFlame
    I have a question that I was hoping some of the experts may be able to help me with. I need to promote a product to one city only.

Would I be better with:

this_is_an_example.html

or

It'll make a difference if the user enters "london" in their search term.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Would I be better with:

this_is_an_example.html

or

Depends on the competitiveness of the market your going into. As I can assume that you are currently building the site why not put the location in the URL. But i would not worry to much. If you already had the site up and running i would tell you not to bother on things that may improve things a fraction and get on with spending time on things that will improve your results.

I would build a landing page, create a good page title well structured content and work at gaining some great links! Not forgetting to internal link to your new landing page with key worded anchors.
  7. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

having the word place on the url can make difference.. google emphasize it on search result base on the search query..
  9. No Profile Picture

Geo-address

Originally Posted by leftybogs
    having the word place on the url can make difference.. google emphasize it on search result base on the search query..
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your advice.

We hired an seo company a while back but I was unsure if the standard of work they were carrying out, we actually dropped places on Google.

I need to promote guitar lessons in Edinburgh, these three words are our main keywords, however, the seo company only put 'guitar lessons' in the page address and they left out the word 'edinburgh'?

I am trying REALLY hard to learn SEO myself now, been through 4 books and watching lots of videos. If anyone wants to give me any tips I'd be very grateful indeed. The website is 'polarflamemusic dot com' and our main keywords are guitar, piano, singing, lessons, Edinburgh.

Thanks again folks : )
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your advice.

We hired an seo company a while back but I was unsure if the standard of work they were carrying out, we actually dropped places on Google.

I need to promote guitar lessons in Edinburgh, these three words are our main keywords, however, the seo company only put 'guitar lessons' in the page address and they left out the word 'edinburgh'?

I am trying REALLY hard to learn SEO myself now, been through 4 books and watching lots of videos. If anyone wants to give me any tips I'd be very grateful indeed. The website is 'polarflamemusic dot com' and our main keywords are guitar, piano, singing, lessons, Edinburgh.

Thanks again folks : )
    You dont need to have the location in the url, yes it can help to make your listing stand out more, but you can rank any url just the same as the next!

Also I would try to use "-" in your urls rather then "_"

If you want more information on seo for local searches have a search for things like "local search seo", "local search" and so on. You should find some good info on here and google, if you use both to do your research

Last of all, if your new to seo have a read of the stickies and check some of the posts from top members for some great free advice!

Comments on this post

• hunter86 agrees
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank