1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Gambling Terms in URL

I have a fantasy mma website. It's not a gambling site, but we do use gambling terms (and it's fairly unavoidable.)

Is there a way we can differentiate ourselves from gambling sites in Google's eyes so we don't get penalized for using those terms?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I would recommend writing some high quality content which shows you are a resource to your users and building high quality relevant links to your site. Follow the quality guidelines set by Google and do not link out to gambling sites (link out to quality relevant content) or participate in other spammy tactics that may give google reason look at you negatively.
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Try the keyword planner tool to see what is trending. Perhaps industry terms or slogans would be the best place to start to gain traction.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.