1. No Profile Picture
    TPN
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Full review on product pages or blog post?

We have main product pages ( money page ) but we are not sure where to post the main product review which is about 700+ words long.

At the moment we have excerpts from other expert reviews, products specs and a full 700+ word review all on the product pages.
    Our concern is with the full review under the product page google will be confused if the pages are product pages or a review pages.
    We want to be clear that these pages are product pages and do not want to be competing against other review pages.
    On the other hand we want to have enough unique content on the product pages so they are not seen a thin.

Our thoughts were to keep the excerpts of the expert reviews and specs but move the main long product review to a separate page linking back to the main product page and adding just an excerpt of the main review on the product page.
    This would allow us to build more supplemental content to support our product pages thus increasing the overall perceived quality and expert nature of the domain as a whole.

What are your thoughts and has anyone ever come across this situation before?
    Last edited by TPN; May 9th, 2016 at 05:08 AM.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Our concern is with the full review under the product page google will be confused if the pages are product pages or a review pages.
    I don't see why this would happen... Google loves content and welcomes as much of it as possible on any page including product pages...
    If you want to show search engines that that is a commercial page, your best bet is to use product schema Product Rich Snippet Schema Generator
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture
    TPN
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    I don't see why this would happen... Google loves content and welcomes as much of it as possible on any page including product pages...
    If you want to show search engines that that is a commercial page, your best bet is to use product schema Product Rich Snippet Schema Generator
    Due to the fact that the main Content is a product review there is a lack of keyword or topic referencing to denote the pages is a product page. Basically the title tag and h1 tag are the main two sources which show this is a product page.

Also 95% of the content on the site is on money pages maybe making the site seem a little shallow.

Scheme implementation is a good idea it was my next implementation even though the site is a comparison site with multiple prices per page it should have some benefit.
  7. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Due to the fact that the main Content is a product review there is a lack of keyword or topic referencing to denote the pages is a product page. Basically the title tag and h1 tag are the main two sources which show this is a product page.
    So you are trying to solve this by removing content?
    Wow this sounds like treating a cold by killing the patient...

More content = better
    If that content is not relevant to the page (which I don't think is the case) => Change the content

A product review makes a perfect sense on a product page
    If you are concerned that there are too little content showing Google that's a product page, ADD elements (prices, product photos and specs, etc.)
  9. No Profile Picture
    TPN
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    So you are trying to solve this by removing content?
    Wow this sounds like treating a cold by killing the patient...

More content = better
    If that content is not relevant to the page (which I don't think is the case) => Change the content

A product review makes a perfect sense on a product page
    If you are concerned that there are too little content showing Google that's a product page, ADD elements (prices, product photos and specs, etc.)
    We were not going to remove the content just move it to a separate page and use it as supplement content to support the money pages so the site looks for than just money pages.
    It seems like that might not be the best cause of action but I wanted to throw it out there to see the response.

We are already adding technical specifications, excerpts of expert reviews, ratings and a full review of our own.
    We have no indexed pages that show generic descriptiona from the content feed and noindexed the old products that dropped out of stock sometime ago.
    We have done all we can accept for schema and writing more content but that's never ending