1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

First result is wrong

Hi Everyone
    I just search the keyword on Google, how many types of SEO?
    The first result I get is shocking, you can see in the image I am attached to the post below.
    The website name is what is SEO and the information is wrong.
    So, Google rank for the wrong information too. No matter of quality, it is just about how you optimized for the particular keyword.
    how-many-types-of-seo.jpg

What are your thoughts on it?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Sksharma,
    The last thing anyone can accuse Google of is accuracy. If it was accurate, Hillary may now be President of the USA and the UK may not have left the EU.

There will be no website, forum, survey or article in the world that is 100% accurate, current, or complete about SEO.

Why the answer you see may come about...

Google first applies RankBrain in an effort to understand the searcher's intent. This seems to be applied on the basis of the searcher location. You're are in New Delhi, I'm in Sydney and we may see different top 10 results. It seems that top results may also change quickly.

Differences Eg. The search snippet I am shown for the same search query reads:

"Three Types Of Search Engine Marketing And Four Tips On SEO-Search engine optimization also known as SEO is sometimes considered an aspect of search engine With so many SEO outsourcing companies to choose from, here are a few reminders that will help you know which ones you should definitely avoid at all costs.

3 kinds of seo"

I don't see a "problem" with the snippet link you see,

My snippet link is different to yours and it REALLY is a problem. It goes to a spam competition entry page that has nothing to do with SEO.

I'm not surprised. Every time G has embarked on this type of snippet answering feature or the precursors of My Business, the scammers have emerged in droves.

Then I see a couple of other scam pages in the top 10. It just goes to show that G is far from perfect. No doubt it will catch up with these pages and delete them.

That said, the query you posed to G has no definitive answer. So, why do you think the link to whatisseo.com is wrong? "White hat" and "black hat" is one way of describing different types of SEO.

PS. If you look up Google's Quality Guidelines I believe you will find it refers to the "usefulness" of web pages to the search query. They then offer scores of different types of page examples to help define how "quality" can vary.
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Dec 9th, 2017 at 01:13 AM.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you so much, John, for your reply.
    So, why do you think the link to whatisseo.com is wrong? "White hat" and "black hat" is one way of describing different types of SEO

This is because, as I know, SEO is two types On-Page and Off-Page. And, White Hat and Black Hat are the techniques that describe what kind of activities we perform or doing for the website.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I think the answer is much more simple in this situation...

This is a very low competition keyword with very very low search volume. So most any site could probably rank for this keyword with just a little effort.