1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is this fair using Link exchange and private blog networks?

Hello

Currently, I am doing SEO for my client's website which is health niche. I have implemented all on-page factors. My keyword has very high competition and I was analyzing my competitors backlinks. Competitors who currently ranking well in Google.

Many of their backlinks come from private blog network and link exchange. I have read some post, blogs, articles on internet that these linking methods consider as unnatural link method from google.

I was creating backlinks for my website using various internet sources like DS, SB, article, blog commenting except link exchange and private blog links.

But those websites are still ranking using all this stuff do you think this is fair?

PLease, share your saying..
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by jhakasseo
    Hello

Currently, I am doing SEO for my client's website which is health niche. I have implemented all on-page factors. My keyword has very high competition and I was analyzing my competitors backlinks. Competitors who currently ranking well in Google.

Many of their backlinks come from private blog network and link exchange. I have read some post, blogs, articles on internet that these linking methods consider as unnatural link method from google.
    All things being equal that is correct... but define a link exchange that does not resemble two individual one-way links?

Also define a private blog network that does not resemble a pile of independent blogs that just link naturally?

If the speed limit is 65 and everyone is going 66 why doesn't the police stop everyone and hand them all a ticket?

Originally Posted by jhakasseo
    I was creating backlinks for my website using various internet sources like DS, SB, article, blog commenting except link exchange and private blog links.

But those websites are still ranking using all this stuff do you think this is fair?

PLease, share your saying..
    Risk is risk. If you do webspam you risk losing results... but if you don't do some webspam you risk not getting results or you risk massive amounts of revenue on the off chance it works.

Its all risk... choose your poison.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have been experimenting with those services and the short term effect (days) was positive. In the long run they did more damage than good. Why? ****ty links have very short shelf lives. When they fall and get devalued, one's site loses inbound links, quickly. That negative velocity causes big setbacks ime.