1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Experts help needed for few websites.

Hi Guys

I am having ranking problems as others SEO after Penguin recent update.

My websites were ranking and moving up but after January 5th All rankings are dropping and the keywords are not found up to 100.

I build link organically and dividing them in to 10 different keywords. Few are long tails and others are main keywords. I tried to use different landing page as well with few set of keywords but still not getting any upward movement.

I like to mention that all my sites are UK based and they were ranking in top 20 before January 5th.

Any one can assist me to look at the sites to check what can be done?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    seork
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

something tells me you are not real sure what "building links organically" means. If you got hit by penguin chances are that your organic links are not organic at all
  5. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by seork
    I build link organically and dividing them in to 10 different keywords.
    As KernelPanic retorts... "there's your problem!"

Organic tends to mean (in short) "not defining specific anchors"...

If you got 1000 people to link to you and you didn't tell them where to link or how... I bet you a trillion dollars you wouldn't get them to collectively decide to divide up into 10 different keywords.

I bet you would get "at best" 5% as your domain name/url & 5% as your legal business name or dba name and a mishmash of 900 different phrases.

Nice neat patterns of phrases is what PENGUIN kills.
    Last edited by fathom; Feb 15th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    something tells me you are not real sure what "building links organically" means. If you got hit by penguin chances are that your organic links are not organic at all
    Yes sir I am so much confused on that and do not find any clue on it so I am needing some one like you who can check my link building stuff. Let me know if I can PM you the details.
  9. Contributing User

Fathom I agree.

But the thing is that to get that much of Natural links will take so much of Time while for some keywords I have build links through Article directory, Social bookmarks, and web 2.0 blogs. Is it the wrong thing to Use some of my keywords as an anchor here ?

Originally Posted by fathom
    As KernelPanic retorts... "there's your problem!"

Organic tends to mean (in short) "not defining specific anchors"...

If you got 1000 people to link to you and you didn't tell them where to link or how... I bet you a trillion dollars you wouldn't get them to collectively decide to divide up into 10 different keywords.

I bet you would get "at best" 5% as your domain name/url & 5% as your legal business name or dba name and a mishmash of 900 different phrases.

Nice neat patterns of phrases is what PENGUIN kills.
  11. rod@missionop.com

Yes sir I am so much confused on that and do not find any clue on it so I am needing some one like you who can check my link building stuff. Let me know if I can PM you the details.
    That generally costs lots of money because you want someone else to be accountable for your problem.

That said, ignore the links you have (they are dead) and just continue on doing link development now but organically this time.

"Get links..." but don't tell anyone how to link... let them decide that.
  13. rod@missionop.com

But the thing is that to get that much of Natural links will take so much of Time
    That's the point!

Analogy... the posted speed limit is 50mph and you have 200 miles to go. Doing the distance in 4 hours is like natural linking. Doing the distance in 2 hours is like unnatural linking.

Getting caught speeding 100mph in a 50 mph zone lands you in jail... doing it with links gets you to the bottom of the list,

See the parallel?

If it take 2 years to get to #1 doing natural link only... that's what it takes... it's free money, no one said is was easy money.
  15. Contributing User

Okay Sir

So if I understand you correctly should I keep building Links with different variations? Something like Naked URLs ??
    That's the point!

Analogy... the posted speed limit is 50mph and you have 200 miles to go. Doing the distance in 4 hours is like natural linking. Doing the distance in 2 hours is like unnatural linking.

Getting caught speeding 100mph in a 50 mph zone lands you in jail... doing it with links gets you to the bottom of the list,

See the parallel?

If it take 2 years to get to #1 doing natural link only... that's what it takes... it's free money, no one said is was easy money.
  17. rod@missionop.com

Okay Sir

So if I understand you correctly should I keep building Links with different variations? Something like Naked URLs ??
    Generally yes.
  19. Contributing User

Generally yes.
    Sorry for getting back late..

I will follow your advice Fathom and mix my anchor text with different variation.

I just hope that rankings come back

Thank you for giving me your time