1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

EMD or Near EMD will it make a difference?

I have two domain names I could use for my new website that are like this:

Say I wanted to target the key word weight training for beginners

and I had both these domain names:

weighttrainingforbeginners.info (emd)

beginnerweighttraining.org

which would be better? Would I bet better with the exactly matching .info or the nearly matching .org

My instinc is to use the .org because its a more recognised domain but for ranking in google would the .info be better?
  3. No Profile Picture

Im guessing by lack of responce that with the recent google changes it will make no difference what so ever........so which domain do you think i should use the .org or .info ?
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by andy91
    Im guessing by lack of responce that with the recent google changes it will make no difference what so ever........so which domain do you think i should use the .org or .info ?
    Lack of response? Your posts not even a day old mate and people on this forum do have lives and work to get on with! We don't sit here waiting to auto reply to ever question that's posted lol

Personally if I HAD to pick one of the two, I would use the .org simply because it sounds a little better and looks a little (and I mean a little) less spammy then the .info

But if I was picking a domain, I would pick something I can brand and work with to build trust in the market rather then picking a domain that looks, reads and sounds just like any other spammy/scammy weight loss domain on the web.

I'm not saying that's what your building, but long hard to read domain names like that scream spam and/or scam to me and I'm sure others will say the same.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  7. No Profile Picture

I only said lack of responce because it had 150 views. Those arnt my real domain names, they are less spammy sounding than that but I am trying to target beginners in weight training with my site. I have a much more brandable domain name fitphysiques dot net but that says nothing about the site being for beginners.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google launched the EMD update in September which removes (or at least greatly lowers) the advantage having an EMD use to render. Some people say you'll get penalized for it but the truth is it just won't have the "scale tipping" power it use to. I would agree with the others and go with a branding-friendly name and build a proper SEO/marketing strategy around that.
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hell I'd use em both, one for my site...the .org and the other for resource.
  13. No Profile Picture

What do you mean use the other for resource?
  15. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Resources for your industry. It would be a site you have control over.
    nomesayin
  17. No Profile Picture

At this moment EMDs are no longer valuable, on the contrary, the algorithm can easily consider it a spam marker and thus influence your SERP rankings negatively.

Originally Posted by ALorenzo
    Google launched the EMD update in September which removes (or at least greatly lowers) the advantage having an EMD use to render. Some people say you'll get penalized for it but the truth is it just won't have the "scale tipping" power it use to. I would agree with the others and go with a branding-friendly name and build a proper SEO/marketing strategy around that.
    You won't get penalized for owning a EMD domain unless your link building strategies confirm Google that you're taking drastic measures to manipulate the algorithm. For example, if your website is weighttrainingforbeginners.info and you get 100 links with anchor text "weight training for beginners" this will definitely trigger Google's spam alert.