1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Effect of images on domain trust/authority?

Hi,

Keeping in mind that on-page seo is a fairly small factor compared to off-page...

- Do you guys believe that Google factors the amount of images on a website are a factor in the domain's trust/authority?
    Up

I ask because I have a small content website that only has a header image (there are some other small images for CSS of course)

I've heard from another webmaster that Google gives more trust to websites that have more images. I'm sure it's a relatively small factor, but I can logically understand why this may be the case -- images are a sign of more effort and more money put into a website.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by CEvhi
    Hi,

I've heard from another webmaster that Google gives more trust to websites that have more images. I'm sure it's a relatively small factor, but I can logically understand why this may be the case -- images are a sign of more effort and more money put into a website.
    images are not a sign of more effort. I guarantee you it takes more effort to write a page of unique content about a specific subject then it takes to upload a picture.

The more images you have, the slower the site may load. Slower load times can equal high bounce rate and overall slow times can equal a decrease in search engine rank.

take a look at this forum. it does well because of mass unique content. take a look at craigslist; it does well because of mass unique content. all sites that rank high are because a number of factors but none more important than good original content.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : No neg rep. It's not about upload effort. It'ss about access to locations, material, people, or the data to be graphed. You don't know jack about images! My images that pull more traffic & links than your whole website. Learn something and win.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by AZdevil2.0
    images are not a sign of more effort. I guarantee you it takes more effort to write a page of unique content about a specific subject then it takes to upload a picture.
    It takes a lot of effort to take photos, edit them and upload them. That is the case if you do create your own content. If unique text scores in the eyes of vsitors, images do well, too. Google recognizes this and sends additional visitors via image search.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees