Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

once again: CNN, BBC, Oscommerce etc, get away but that doesn't mean you or I can too. If OS commerce
    just started and all of the sudden they get 20,000 links from one site, they might raise some flags.

How many total links you got, authority or not, rate of getting links etc. could affect any filters or penalities.
    If they exist in the first place...

Originally Posted by mattmdesign
    I don't think sitewides will have any negative effect on the site that is being linked to. Take a look at oscommerce. They have sitewide links with the same anchor text on a TON of sites.
  3. L8r

My tests indicate a similar affect....but not exactly.

1) Sitewide link set to a single domain (roughly 10,000 pages) using a keyword with moderately high difficulty.
    2) The page took a sharp rise in serps (around 27th position) .
    3) A week later it took a sharper nose dive in the serps (waaaay down in the 100's).
    4) 5 weeks later it rose back to about 27th and has continued to rise every week.

Go figure...

This site has several links from other pages not included in the 10,000 so it's not like that's the only thing it has going. My point is, if you have the capacity to get a link across a site, it may not be the holy grail that it once was. But it's not going to hurt you in the long term if you can afford to keep it.....which I believe IS the point.

It's a gamble folks...place your bets! There's my contribution for the month.

<disclaimer>G and other SE's have many variables to account for so individual results may vary </disclaimer>
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Walkman, before you got the RoS links, was there any little bit of cross/interlinking of domains going on?

Reason I ask is I'm seeing drops for sites that use more than one type of "links scheme", but rarely for using just the one.

FWIW, links/anchor text from the Rolls Royce of text link "advertising", the internet.commerce network seem to have been greatly devalued.

If it can happen to them.....
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i believe that any kind of links from 1 URL or two ...the difference is that it should come up with the KW you are targetting

as i have seeen lot of sites having link from same site but still having good ranks in google
  9. Not a Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

As for me folks... sitewide links still work wonders..... from 17th to 2nd .... & still there no panelty for me... ;)
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: