Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Highland
    The general rules of thumb on internationalization are

1. domain.com/domain.cctld (where cctld is a localized country like .co.uk, .fr, etc.) is the preferred method to take your site to other countries (vs. domain.com/uk, domain.com/fr etc)
    2. Don't worry about duplicate content on your cctld. You WANT your international site to outrank your .com
    3. DO NOT USE A TRANSLATION PROGRAM. Matt Cutts has made it clear that you need to have proper translations (see Fathom's post for an excellent example). Hire someone who speaks the language to translate and make sure the grammar/syntax is correct.
    4. While hosting under an IP in that country helps, it helps a great deal more to have localized links (i.e. UK sites need UK links to rank well in the UK). Hosting should be considered primarily for issues of latency (i.e. it's not a good idea to host a UK site in the US, where latency would be high).
    This is the things which I am working on over last few weeks. In case when we talk about using ccTLD, its quite straight forward in terms of ranking in specific region as it quailfy itself. But the biggest question is still which is answered with different meaning i.e Having a subdomain or subfolder for geotargeting. I have read through number of articles and gone through numerous video, but everytime I try to dig deep into this, I am stranded with whole bunch confusing answers.

Hopefully this is one thing the SEOChater can solve for me.

Here is whole bunch of articles from quite reputed sites, but really confused if I should really go with Subdomain or Subfolders which are quite money saver.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    Only one domain will rank well. The other will be seen as a copy of the original and likely be affected by Panda which means that it will appear on page 10+, if at all.

If you truly want to have the same content on both domains then you have a few options:
    1. Choose which one you want to show up in Google and use a rel canonical to point the other domain's pages at this one's.
    2. Choose which one you want to show up in Google and noindex the pages on the other.
    3. Make the pages on each site substantially different.
    Yeap, i think so.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Dear Dzine,

Thank you for giving advice.
  7. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by grgmathew
    This is the things which I am working on over last few weeks. In case when we talk about using ccTLD, its quite straight forward in terms of ranking in specific region as it quailfy itself. But the biggest question is still which is answered with different meaning i.e Having a subdomain or subfolder for geotargeting. I have read through number of articles and gone through numerous video, but everytime I try to dig deep into this, I am stranded with whole bunch confusing answers.

Hopefully this is one thing the SEOChater can solve for me.

Here is whole bunch of articles from quite reputed sites, but really confused if I should really go with Subdomain or Subfolders which are quite money saver.
    SEOMOZ covered this in detail
    Folders vs Subdomains vs ccTLD in International SEO - An Overview - YouMoz | SEOmoz
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: