1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Duplicate pages after renaming some URL's

Hi SEO's,
    I'm SEO business from many years,but recently made i very very stupid mistake.
    I created some pages for a client website -around 10 pages,but all of them are with high-qulity content and are designed for users not for SE (as we all know this is important now).It took me 1 week to build them.
    The stupid mistake is that i firstable created pages with URL's that i changed on the next day.
    But during the night Google has indexed these pages,and after renaming the URL's now the actual (renamed) pages are treated as duplicate by Google.Example:
    Page: exmaple.com/my-services is now renamed as: exmaple.com/my-services-london
    I had no idea that Google will index this site so quickly,anyway I have removed the first version of URL's from Google index using webmaster tools,but the new pages still are treated as duplicate.
    So,the question is : what is the best way to show google that the correct pages are new ones?I know some of you will say 301 redirect,but this is done,because when you rename page on this script,the old url is automatically redirected 301 to the new.
    If i have to write the content on these pages again...
    Last edited by iisark; Dec 11th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

If they have been removed then Google should treat them as removed, automatically once your site has been crawled again by the Google spiders.

Lots of info and tool are available from here ..... WEBMASTER TOOLS
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Since your being a new website, you just need to change the sitemap in WMT. Rest will be done automatically. This might take time, there might appear some error for the url which were already indexed as 404, but no need to worry. It will be removed as time would go and new url would be indexed.
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

If you already have 301's setup and have told google about the change of url's in webmaster tools you shouldn't need to do anything other then wait for googles index/serps to pick up on the changes.

If you want you could add canonical tags to the pages to let google and other search engines know the new pages are to be used as the originals over the old urls.

I'm afraid apart from that, your just going to have to play the waiting game and continue with your work as normal.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank