1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post Duplicate Content - Submitting/Syndicating Content to multiple locations

In relation to syndicated content, Google states that they will "always show the version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you'd prefer".

I syndicate a summary of content from from my Blogs via RSS feeds in an attempt to have content on the main site seen as being more relevant to search engines than syndicated content.
    Content on the main blog has generally appears higher than the same content which has been syndicated to another site, but I am not sure if it is because I am only syndicating a summary of the actual content as the main site is also relatively new.

This makes me wonder about a few things relating to the PageRank of duplicate content compared to the rank of the page containing the same content on the main site:

If a site receiving duplicate syndicated content is well established, in many cases (obviously not all) I can assume the PageRank of the page displaying the syndicated/duplicate content will be higher than the same page on the main site.

Therefore, would it be more beneficial to have syndicated content providing back-links from relevant pages on external sites in an attempt to increase the PageRank of the content on the main site, or does the external/syndicated content possibly appearing higher in search results have a negative effect (explanation below)?

In other words, if someone finds the syndicated version of an article via a search query, they may find value in the content without ever clicking through to the main site resulting in the loss of a possible hit to the main site.
    Also, wouldn't full content syndication increase the chances someone creating a back-link to the syndicated version of the content instead of your own?

I am starting to wonder if the syndication is worth it at all! Or, am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks
    Daniel
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Nice point, In my opinion. If syndicate site have more trust rank than your new site they may rank well than yours but in long term I believe google may judge your original source and rank your site well than syndicate site