1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Duplicate Content Question

ALright, ive asked a question regarding a similar aspect of these sites a while ago, but now im changing something for what i hope is the better. I need advice though.

We have Injectedperformance.com and EVO8.com. All of the products for the Mitsubishi EVO 8 are on both sites. That means i have duplicate content. I set up E8 to help us advertise in car forums better and it has worked, but thinking about SERPs for both sites now, i have decided to take all teh evo 8 products of injectedperformance.com.

Is this a wise move?
  3. unused title
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Im not so sure, youd get hit, being a commerce site and all. Seems both use similar software etc.. You might try changing your layout a little on one of them.. Well drastically actually. The listings may not really factor for dup content. Unless of course they appear under each category exactly the same. If its php/mysql, you could display them in differeing orders? Re... ORDER BY date desc as opposed to ORDER BY date asc.... if this makes sense...
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Chang eup the content a bit, or alot, that makes the most sense and will take away any subjective answer, "well maybe, maybe not". You shouldn't be competiting with the same keywords either, I do'nt know if you are....
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, im hoping by only listing the Evo products on EV08.com and not Injected i wont be competing for the same keywords and google will still look favorably on both sites. Does that make sense
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Im changing up the content a little on some of the universal stuff thats on both sites, but does any one else have any thoughts on this
  11. Contributing User

Your bigger problem...

Is that all of your competitors have the same text too...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGGL%2CGGGL%3A2005-09%2CGGGL%3Aen&q=%22The+Boost+Control+Kit+is+an+op tional+kit+designed+to+control+boost%22&btnG=Searc h

I would...

(1) Remove that EVO8.com from the title of every page and just leave it the product.

(2) Go through your product database and 1 by 1 change the text so that it uses different words to say the same thing. Perhaps consider using a synonyms tool.

(3) Add a comments / testimonials section to each product page so that you can start to generate some unique content for each one.

(4) Create "tags" for each type of product that can be included on each page to increase keyword relevancy.
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sorry for bringing back an old thread - i'm curious what open source software you are using?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by LyFeWoRx
    Sorry for bringing back an old thread - i'm curious what open source software you are using?
    It is not an open source software. It was built from the ground up.
    theres pictures of the cp here- http://forums.seochat.com/e-commerce-development-63/what-cart-is-this-147709.html#post479529
  17. Contributing User

So do i have this correct..

In the serps you only want to see evo8.com for those products. The info is also on the Injectedperformance.com strickly for users and possible leads.

If so then why not simply "hide" the pages from the search engine on Injectedperformance.com that you do not want to compete with evo8.com. Use robots.txt along with meta tag to deny them from the pages or wrap the whole page in Javascripting so it can not be seen by the search engines.

That way the duplicate content exsists from a user standpoint but not from a search engine standpoint.

Hope it helps,
    -Flat4
  19. No Profile Picture

Site Duplicacy

Originally Posted by Injected
    ALright, ive asked a question regarding a similar aspect of these sites a while ago, but now im changing something for what i hope is the better. I need advice though.

We have Injectedperformance.com and EVO8.com. All of the products for the Mitsubishi EVO 8 are on both sites. That means i have duplicate content. I set up E8 to help us advertise in car forums better and it has worked, but thinking about SERPs for both sites now, i have decided to take all teh evo 8 products of injectedperformance.com.

Is this a wise move?
    Plesse Change your Meta details and try to make diffrent detail on that. Then i suppose no problem for your ranking of your both site
  21. No Profile Picture

What exactly did you wind up doing to get your ranking back up due to the possible Duplicate Content?

Did it work?
  23. No Profile Picture

Duplicate Content

Is this a wise move?
    I suppose there is no need to remove any product from any site. If
    here anything need modification is only the content of one site. Represent each site with different content and different link structure. There is no need to remove content of any site anywhere. Because any one can advertise any brand products. So brand is same for everyone but content is still different.
  25. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Magic of words

Is this a wise move?
    Oppppppppppppppsssssssssssssss.

Nice to see this question in this forum.

Hey dear i am working in same e-comerce indrustry from last 3 years and now i want to share my exp here.

I have 12 websites with same product and services and we are runing SEO process on all of them. And all are in Google SERP for major keywords. And there is 7-8 sites on first page with same major keyword.
    The secret behind this. The nevigation is totally diffrent in my all the sites and also the landing page content is also diffrent except product info. Product info is same in al the sites. so as per in over all site 60% sites is same. But we get the ranking by fresh content which is changing frequently and alsoour link exchange process is much strong.

So i think you understand what i want to say here. Do the same and see the magic.

Cheers..................