1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google duplicate? Help needed

I was wondering if any one could help me. There is a site which uses 2 domain names, www.theblackwhitegroup.com and www.blackandwhite.co.uk both these domains go to a homepage which look identical, however the rest of the site only sits on the www.blackandwhite.co.uk domain.

The problem being google sees www.theblackwhitegroup.com as the main website as this is the domain which is listed and getting any rankings for keyphrases.

What im really asking is - blackandwhite.co.uk needs to be the main domain, so if i redirect theblackwhitegroup.com to blackandwhite.co.uk this should solve that problem. However I dont want to do this if blackandwhite.co.uk has been penalised for having the same content as theblackwhitegroup.com. and then for the site to never rank. How can you tell? If you search for www.blackandwhite.co.uk it finds the other domain but site:www.blackandwhite,co.uk finds all the sites pages.

If this is going to be a problem, I supppose alternatively, all the sites pages could be moved to sit under theblackwhitegroup.com and the pages on blackandwhite.co.uk could be redirected to the equal pages.

But ideally blackandwhite.co.uk needs to be the main domain. Can any one give me some advice. Much appreciated!!
    Last edited by bow1uk; Oct 7th, 2005 at 04:17 AM. Reason: No posts