1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

duplicate content on different URLs

I have two URLs that provide content to the health industry. I would like to use duplicate or similar content for both sites, but change the titles, heads and tags. Is this advisable or are their adverse consequences to do so.

Needless to say, my intent is to provide reciprocal links between URL's and specific pages for those keyword terms?

Advice.. Thanks.

alan
  3. Unclassified
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by ahwayler
    I have two URLs that provide content to the health industry. I would like to use duplicate or similar content for both sites, but change the titles, heads and tags. Is this advisable or are their adverse consequences to do so.

Needless to say, my intent is to provide reciprocal links between URL's and specific pages for those keyword terms?

Advice.. Thanks.

alan
    Generally duplicate content is not advisable. Even if you change the META data etc the content will still be very similair. What are you trying to achieve by having two sites with the same content? The best advice would normally be to put all your efforts into one site. Trying to create two will weaken the strength of backlinks etc, even if you did plan to cross link the sites.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would like to use duplicate or similar content for both sites, but change the titles, heads and tags.
    Would you buy two identical books only because they have a different title?

my intent is to provide reciprocal links between URL's and specific pages for those keyword terms?
    Search engines are interested to valuate the importance/popularity that other people attribute to your site.

Reciprocal links between you and... yourself, are not what search engine want, and it is advisable that you don't try to fool them, unless you have really no way to produce good contents that peolple want to link to.

Further, Google uses duplicate filters to avoid very similar pages showing on the same SERP.
  7. Contributing User

If you have time & resources, develop both site as pararall sites, without using same content and link, target to different keywords...
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by 1969g1969
    If you have time & resources, develop both site as pararall sites, without using same content and link, target to different keywords...
    i have done this and it works a treat, yes it takes time, all you need to do is add a different paragraph to each page for a start and then edit the rest of the content..a word here and there etc.
    It is not difficult and google sees different content.