1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Dropped from DMOZ = Dropped from GGL?

I don't know if this post belongs under DMOZ or here, because it applies to both. Basically, I just found out this week that a site I had "given up on" was accepted by DMOZ months back. As expected, the site is also listed in Google's "directory". The site still shows up in DMOZ search results, but is no longer listed in the category (confirmed by a vol. editor at resource-zone. He said the editor probably noticed something non-conforming and dropped it.)

Basically, my question is: does this mean the next time GGL updates its directory with current DMOZ listings, this site will be automatically dropped from GGL's directory also? I assume so, but am not entirely clear on whether the ggl dir is an exact mirror of DMOZ, or just reliant on DMOZ for entry into ggl.

I saw the dmoz and ggl dir referrals in my webalizer just yesterday, after months of ignoring this site. I also discovered that my previously 0 PR site now had PR ranging from 1-3 on various pages. Natural search traffic didn't skyrocket, but it had become somewhat appreciable, and if I had known about it, I would have paid more attention to adsense placement and other aff. links., and of course linked to my other newer sites to boost PR, maybe sold some links on PR-3 pages, if there was a demand, optimized the content better for better serps, etc.
  3. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

does this mean the next time GGL updates its directory with current DMOZ listings, this site will be automatically dropped from GGL's directory also?
    Yes
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes, GDirectory is an exact duplicate of DMOZ. When they update, G will drop your site from the directory.

Leann
    Last edited by Leann_Pass; Apr 9th, 2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: question was already answered, didn't see that.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks for confirming.

I guess it was fun while it lasted.