1. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Dramatically different serps at datacenters??

I have posted about this several times now in the past 3 months ......... and i continue to see this circumstance .... i hope someone elese can look at this and seee some pattern .......

basically ..... the SERPS on 64.233.167.99 and 64.233.167.104 are SOMETIMES dramatically different for a specific KW or two ....... and it seems only those two datacenters ever show up on google.com ..... the other data centers are just fodder i suppose but they all mostly sho the same fodder so dozens sho one set of serps and the TWO that power google.com have the DIFFERENT serps ......

OBVIOUSLY .... those 2 datacenters have some filter running on them DIFFERENT than the other datacenters which is making the serps different .....

IF you could determine WHY ...... SOME kw are dramatically different than others ...... THEN you can know a LOT about that filter ........ look at them here ....... you can use mcdars "new" option to see these lined up and spot which KW of yours is different....... and then try to learn why it is differnet and all your other KW is the same ........
    http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php

if you get any ideas let me know, i have beenn trying to isolate a pattern and i may be JUST INCHES AWAY ............ i can nearly smell a pattern ...... any feedback may get me the last inch i need .......

we really need to get a grip on what google is doing with this BLOOP filter ..... and figuring out WHY some KW's are being affected and others are NOT may give us the starting p0oint we need as a reference to crack the new code ....
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I added hundreds of BL with anchor "kw1" or "kw1 kw2" and i lost my positions by 190 places !!. I'm still high for allinachor almost no change.
    Last edited by eclipse; Dec 2nd, 2004 at 07:38 PM.
    Pharmacea.org - New OP Affiliate Program. Join us!. Generic and Brand medications. High 28% commission.
  5. Savior of the Whales

Originally Posted by eclipse
    I added hundreds of BL with anchor "kw1" or "kw1 kw2" and i lost my positions by 190 places !!.
    do the KW which you LOST ground on ........ show DIFFERENT RESULTS in the two above data centers compared to the other data centers .... or are they the SAME on all data centers??? do a comparison at mcdar.com .... click the "new" box then compare the serps for those kw to see if they are different ......

seeif ALL 4 data centers are off 190 places or just the two outside ones ......

the two outside have the filters ON
  7. Contributing User

ALL datacenters return the same result for me ;(.

2h ago google.com displayed new fresh dates for my SERPS and my sites was at #12, now it's gone. I'm seeing strange results for most of my kw where i added a lot of new BL with similar anchor text.
  9. Savior of the Whales

i am looking for cases where the TWO datacenters above yield DRASTICALLY different serps than all the other datacenters for just a few KW for a site .....

i want to know WHY they are different .... what is the pattern ......
  11. Contributing User

TOP 5 is the same, but other position are changed !!
  13. SEO chat regular
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Algo changes

Originally Posted by JoeBob

BTW ,,,, webby ..... i have been watching that the SERPS on 64.233.167.99 and 64.233.167.104 are SOMETIMES dramatically different for a specific KW ....... and it seems only those two datacenters ever show up on google.com .....
    Joe , Webby ANON

Do you guys think the algo on these data centres is about to roll out ? they look less spammy to me and much more tightly focused on topic than the serps on the other data centre ?

A couple of weeks ago when this new algo came in there was a lot of speculation that google may have turned down the spam filter to allow them to sort out the new 'increased size' index.

From the serps i see live at the moment and the serps on the two data centres mentioned i see this as a distinct possibility.

Any comments,

Cheers,

BB
  15. ;-)

Originally Posted by JoeBob
    the SERPS on 64.233.167.99 and 64.233.167.104 are SOMETIMES dramatically different for a specific KW or two
    For me 64.233.167.99 and 64.233.167.104 are showing yesterday's data....
  17. SEO chat regular
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Are You Sure

Really ?

I have never seen this data at all !!!!!!!

Are you sure Gabs ?

Cheers,

BB
  19. ;-)

Sure am... been working hards as always..
    Today i moved up from 11 to 10 and 8 for 2 very competative terms iv'e been working on for some time...

The above ip's show older ranking... not newer ... but maybe just in my k/ws returning old results...
  21. Savior of the Whales

Originally Posted by Broker boy
    Joe , Webby ANON

Do you guys think the algo on these data centres is about to roll out ?
    BB
    As far as i can see it ALREADY HAS ROLLED OUT ...... and these two datacenters ALONE are powering google.com and running their NEW BLOOP filters ....... I have been watching these two data centers for the past few months .... and i see that those twoi and JUST those two datacenters have some SERPS which appear at NO OTHER datacenters ..... AND which is EXCLUSIVELY at google.com ALLLLLLLLLL the time ....

so my conclusion is those two datcenters are the ONLY ones powering google.com .... and they have the new bloop filters ....

my problems is ....... i cant see the pattern for exactly what the filters are selecting to act on .......

try to isolate a KW or two of yours that is different there ...... and tell me WHY IT MIGHT BE TREAYED DIFFERENTLY by google ..... compared to other KW for the same site with NO bloop filter effect ......

i have been testing a handful of theories ..... but am still not confident about my conclusions ....

ONE conclusion i AM confident about is the bloop filter group is triggered and applied BY KW ...... not by domain .....
    Last edited by JoeBob; Dec 4th, 2004 at 01:37 AM.