Thread: Domain Problem

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Domain Problem

Hi
    I got a question about seo! I had a domain and i put about 100 contents in it about a year ago! and then for some reason i decided to delete the website! when i deleted the website it has about 100 indexed link in google and now after a year the indexed pages are all removed and i wanna use it again and now I have installed MYBB and it's getting indexed again!
    My question is that, does this domain has problems because i have deleted its contents last year? and should i buy a bew domain? or it is okay to contnue with this domain???
    Thanks
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by OutumnSadness
    Hi
    I got a question about seo! I had a domain and i put about 100 contents in it about a year ago! and then for some reason i decided to delete the website! when i deleted the website it has about 100 indexed link in google and now after a year the indexed pages are all removed and i wanna use it again and now I have installed MYBB and it's getting indexed again!
    My question is that, does this domain has problems because i have deleted its contents last year? and should i buy a bew domain? or it is okay to contnue with this domain???
    Thanks
    There is no problem you can use that Domain.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : C
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Old one is better for SEO purpose. As old domain have always extra benefits like domain age, alexa and all when it comes to SEO.
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by midastouchwebs
    Old one is better for SEO purpose.
    Not necessarily.
    As old domain have always extra benefits like domain age, alexa and all when it comes to SEO.
    Domain Age - like registration age, page age, and link age are all unsubstantiated claims. Correlation does not imply causation!

Alexa has absolutely nothing to do with SEO!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom
    Not necessarily.

Domain Age - like registration age, page age, and link age are all unsubstantiated claims. Correlation does not imply causation!

Alexa has absolutely nothing to do with SEO!
    I don't think so. There are many cases where you can find old domains are better. What if you have rankings within 1 to 2 months max. without even black hate techniques??

We got the rankings for one of our client in just 2 months with white hat quality link building. All links are genuine but the domain is new and site will be in sandbox. We recover it in a week but you know from sandbox, its difficult to recover. That's the reason i prefer old domains.
    Last edited by midastouchwebs; Sep 23rd, 2015 at 03:34 PM.
  11. Dinosaur

I don't think so. There are many cases where you can find old domains are better. What if you have rankings within 1 to 2 months max. without even black hate techniques??

We got the rankings for one of our client in just 2 months with white hat quality link building. All links are genuine but the domain is new and site will be in sandbox. We recover it in a week but you know from sandbox, its difficult to recover. That's the reason i prefer old domains.
    Ranking a website within 1 - 2 months is not difficult for some obscure long tale phrase in the lower pages, however getting to the top of SERPS (top of page 1) for a highly competitive phase using only white hat techniques I would say is pretty much impossible. If you have managed it then I bet your raise to the top will be followed by a equally sharp fall in a similar amount of time as the black hat techniques used are uncovered.

If you have found some magic white hat techniques then please share as I am sure everyone here would love to know. I know I sure would
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Ranking a website within 1 - 2 months is not difficult for some obscure long tale phrase in the lower pages, however getting to the top of SERPS (top of page 1) for a highly competitive phase using only white hat techniques I would say is pretty much impossible. If you have managed it then I bet your raise to the top will be followed by a equally sharp fall in a similar amount of time as the black hat techniques used are uncovered.

If you have found some magic white hat techniques then please share as I am sure everyone here would love to know. I know I sure would
    Yes we have the rankings for that client and its more than 1 year and still rankings are as it is. Terms are long tail keywords but it still have maximum potential to get more visitors to the site. However, at starting, even i am also not expecting good rankings like in Top 10 as our main concern is to get traffic. But for some exceptional case, you will get the rankings.
  15. Dinosaur

Unfortunately as good as they are long tales phrases may look good to your clients but typically they bring in very little traffic.

I totally agree a whole bunch of them collectively add up and should not be over looked and it will look great to your clients in any reports you give them. But seeing as less than 30% of people go to page 2 its really the top 10 everyone is after for their main keywords. Thats where the real traffic is found. Achieve that for a high competitive phrase within 2 months and you will have clients banging on your door.

Claiming you can get some movement for some obscure phrase that hardly anyone searches for is not really worth the bragging rights.