1. King of da Wackos
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Domain name in text on multiple domains?

Do you get penalized if you have say six domains and put a certian domain name on each domain, in text form, not link form? For example, right now I list a link to another site, a different site on each domain to make a loop that goes on forever, and also on each site, next to the link, list the same URL of a domain in text form, to make it easy to see how many pages Google links to counting all of the domains. Here's an example...

<H1><B>Store Links: Make A Kid Smile, Buy Toys - WeWannaDoAnyThingWeWannaDoAnyTimeWeWannaDoIt.com&l t;/B></H1>

Google page showing how many pages they link to that has that text link.
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I would be careful about the way you're linking, not because of the text in the link - I don't think that's a problem at all - but because you seem to be cross-linking several of your domains.

Crosslinking will get penalised if it is done extensively. Perhaps 6 domains isn't "extensive" and doesn't trigger the Google spam filter (nobody knows for sure what the limit is), but you're certainly making it easy for the algorithm to find this out by linking in the same way with that domain name text.

Gringo.
  5. King of da Wackos

No two domains link to each other. I link in a loop. Domain 1 links to domain 2, domain 2 links to domain 3 and so on, then the last one links to domain 1.
  7. King of da Wackos

There all related, all simple store sites. Yes, there on the same server with the same IP address.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Get some 'far links' sorted. That is to say, get another IP or two involved, or you could end up in the ****, or at least not getting the weighting you want.
  11. King of da Wackos

This is where I got the loop, info.

:::::take the links out, unless you link from site1 to site2 to site3 to site4 .... etc.

:::::The only way to link between so many sites is in a sequential way, without closing the loop.

:::::I personally wouldn't link together more than 5 domains and even then I would probably try to do it so as not to close the loop.

That's what I'm doing, loop never ends. Right now I got one link to another site on the same server, and another link to a site that I don't even have. Would adding a few more links to other high PR domains help?

Edited:
    Just added links to Yahoo Shopping, ebay, Best Buy, and Barnes & Noble.com, so it's now five links to populer sites off the server, and one link to a site that's on the same server.

Here's an example. There in the no-frames area so no one will actually see the links but the search engines.
  13. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Nintendo,

This ...
    Originally posted by "Nintendo"

No two domains link to each other. I link in a loop. Domain 1 links to domain 2, domain 2 links to domain 3 and so on, then the last one links to domain 1.
    ... isn't the same as this ...
    :::::take the links out, unless you link from site1 to site2 to site3 to site4 .... etc.

:::::The only way to link between so many sites is in a sequential way, without closing the loop.

:::::I personally wouldn't link together more than 5 domains and even then I would probably try to do it so as not to close the loop.
    If the last domain links back to domain1, you've closed the loop, exactly what the advice from the second quote said not to do.

Gringo.
  15. King of da Wackos

uggg, *bashes myself* now it doesn't go back to the first domain. Hopefully it takes more than two months for Google to notice and hopefully the four new links will help.