Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does Website Traffic Matters for it's Rankings??

Hi Everyone,

I am bit doubtful about website traffic - Does it effect our website Rankings??

Please advice...
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by hlsgr
    Hi Everyone,

I am bit doubtful about website traffic - Does it effect our website Rankings??

Please advice...
    Your question is to vague. If your rankings improve your traffic should improve. If you get number one for a highly searched term your traffic can go through the roof and beyhond the stars.

Thus your question is what exactly?
    Live the moment
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Your question is to vague. If your rankings improve your traffic should improve. If you get number one for a highly searched term your traffic can go through the roof and beyhond the stars.

oh I am sorry... let me clarify. For example : If my direct traffic or referral traffic is good or more than search engine traffic - Does it improve my search engines rankings? Or we can say - Search Engines consider this factor for website rankings or not?
  7. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

oh I am sorry... let me clarify. For example : If my direct traffic or referral traffic is good or more than search engine traffic - Does it improve my search engines rankings? Or we can say - Search Engines consider this factor for website rankings or not?
    Personaly I doubt it. How would the SE know and how would the SE know which keywords to improve rankings for...
  9. No Profile Picture

I think if u get more traffic than the other site from SE,you will get better rank.But if it is not form SE,the effect is very small.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Personaly I doubt it. How would the SE know and how would the SE know which keywords to improve rankings for...
    hmm.. anyone here can comment on this? I am still doubtful - If my site is getting huge hits from difference IPs, referral websites are driving huge traffic - Does it effect my website rankings?
  13. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

hmm.. anyone here can comment on this? I am still doubtful - If my site is getting huge hits from difference IPs, referral websites are driving huge traffic - Does it effect my website rankings?
    No,

Comments on this post

• alakhjain : any valid reason for saying no!!
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  15. Retired from SEO

alakhjain disagrees: any valid reason for saying no!!
    I can give you some explain on this
    for ranking we do link building we use our keywords in our anchor tag but when we get refferal traffic from in that case we generally use our brand name not our keywords.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    I can give you some explain on this
    for ranking we do link building we use our keywords in our anchor tag but when we get refferal traffic from in that case we generally use our brand name not our keywords.
    Referral traffic can also be from link partners? Not satisfied with your explanation....
  19. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I don't think it affect rankings, since referring site should be the output of good rankings.
  21. Retired from SEO

Referral traffic can also be from link partners? Not satisfied with your explanation....
    Actually depends on your anchor tag what achor tag are you using if your are using targeted keywords in your anchor tag in that case you will rank.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Actually depends on your anchor tag what achor tag are you using if your are using targeted keywords in your anchor tag in that case you will rank.
    That's what I want to know.... Anyone else can clarify this??
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

let me clarify. For example : If my direct traffic or referral traffic is good or more than search engine traffic - Does it improve my search engines rankings? Or we can say - Search Engines consider this factor for website rankings or not?
    I personally do a lot of advertising in magazines and such and get most of my sales and traffic "direct hits" from there "for now" does this effect my rankings?

I have to say no. I do not think SE monitor how much traffic each site gets. Not every one uses the Google analytics and Alexa relies on the toolbar for it reports. For them to use traffic as a factor they would have to have a report from everyone's hosting provider reporting how traffic each site gets and I do not believe they can do this if they wanted to. Right now the only things they have is what we give them.

We give them
    Content, anchor text, back links, site age, etc. That's all they have to work with.
    Last edited by amxfan; Oct 7th, 2008 at 02:42 AM.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by amxfan
    I personally do a lot of advertising in magazines and such and get most of my sales and traffic "direct hits" from there "for now" does this effect my rankings?

I have to say no. I do not think SE monitor how much traffic each site gets. Not every one uses the Google analytics and Alexa relies on the toolbar for it reports. For them to use traffic as a factor they would have to have a report from everyone's hosting provider reporting how traffic each site gets and I do not believe they can do this if they wanted to. Right now the only things they have is what we give them.

We give them
    Content, anchor text, back links, site age, etc. That's all they have to work with.
    Thanks amxfan... is it possible for google to track using analytics tracking code.. or they count this referral traffic in ranking alogrithm?
  29. No Profile Picture

This is a question I'm very interested in. Through Analytics and AdWords (and, I believe, others) Google has access to quite a bank of data about user behaviour.

Clearly, visitor behaviour is the best indicator of site relevance. I believe it's only a matter of time until visitor behaviour supersedes backlinks as the primary ranking factor in Google's algo.

Funnily enough, I just read an interesting (albeit short) article on the matter at searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3631089 (sorry - not allowed to post an actual URL as I haven't submitted much here over the years). I'd be interested to hear some more comments on this subject.

Cheers.

<snip>
    Last edited by JagNet; Oct 7th, 2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: removed fake signature
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: