Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does Submitting to Google Sitemap - Hurts anyway...

Hi Everybody !!!

I am scared to submit my site to google.

I have a site with 10,000 pages in which 4500 pages have been indexed.

Now i was told to submit my site thru Google sitemap to get the rest of the pages indexed by Google...

On my observattions i see that everyday at least 10-20 pages gets indexed by Google....as my site gets crawled daily.

Now what i was thinking if i submit my site thru Google sitemaps ....will that hurt the current scenario of daily indexing of new pages.

Or should i go ahead and submit the sitemap..

This is very critical issue for me coz i don't want to get in to any trouble.

Hope to get some good advices ...

Regards,

KaMran - White Eagle :-)
  3. Croatia - Hrvatska
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

don't be afraid ..just submit
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanxs bruno

HEY Thanxs bruno...

Hope to see that tom...

Lets be optimistic and see how Google Reacts..

KaMran - White Eagle
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Great answer...

"lets be optimistic..."

Nothing like someone else telling you to be optimistic to use your site as a guinea pig so it can inform their decisions on their own sites...

My gut instinct is do not submit. I have submitted sites using the sitemap tool and have not seen an increase in the number of pages indexed.

Methinks that the sitemap tool will be used to determine how often to update pages, not to whether to index new ones.

Google only wants to find pages that are well linked - they don't want to index pages that a normal user cannot find just by clicking through their sites. To use the google sitemap as a key for indexing your site would violate this intention, thus, I doubt that it would increase the likelihood of your remaining pages being indexed.

If you are really interested in getting them indexed, work on innerlinking many of the pages (maybe 5 links to other pages not yet indexed on the bottom of every page) - vary this from page to page so that all of your remaining un-spidered pages are linked from several locations. I used this method to get 5200 pages in google in under 2 weeks.

Comments on this post

• WeRASkitzzo
    • Wit agrees : (3) Google sitemaps triggered my tin-foil hat reflex as well. I'm still puzzled, so I won't jump.
    • Mano70
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've seen one small ecommerce site jump up to 128 pages indexed from 55 in 4 days and pretty much all urls include titles and descriptions, whereas before most of them just showed as listings or supplimental results.

G seems to have purged it's cache of the site right now, although I'm sure it will be updated in the next few days.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Now i feel that...We Shd wait for some more time.

Now i feel like to wait for some more time and see what exactly is Sitemaps used for...

There must be ppl out there...who is also keeping an eye for this sort of a things..CHeers to Them....

But Still i'l be Optimistic..;)

Regards,

KaMran - White Eagle
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

: This thread is confusing me. Why would Google penalize you for helping them do their job. Nothing bad can come from submitting your site.

In my opinion, the sooner you submit the better, before Google becomes flooded with sitemaps that it has to crawl and becomes backlogged.

I'm so confused by the speculation displayed in this thread. I'm even more confused by the people who think they know the end all intentions of Google as if they work there themselves, especially those with less than 200 posts who seem to be "experts."

Use common sense.

-Brian Renner
  15. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by rjonesx

My gut instinct is do not submit. I have submitted sites using the sitemap tool and have not seen an increase in the number of pages indexed.

If you are really interested in getting them indexed, work on innerlinking many of the pages (maybe 5 links to other pages not yet indexed on the bottom of every page) - vary this from page to page so that all of your remaining un-spidered pages are linked from several locations. I used this method to get 5200 pages in google in under 2 weeks.
    There are many, many examples of sites getting thousands of pages indexed using the sitemap tool.
    Kamran, read up on a few of the other threads where people have been discussing this topic and decide for yourself.

rjonesx, why bother cross linking 5 pages at a time when the sitemap tool can get you thousands indexed in just a few days. The tool makes G's job easier and allows them to easily increase the number of pages they have records of. This will allow them to easily remain atop other SE's in terms of size and scope. I prefer to base my decisions and advice on more than "gut feelings".

Comments on this post

• entrepreneur7 agrees : Damn straight, use your heads
    • Wit agrees : (3) Sure, go with it if it works for you...
    I love SEO Chat.
  17. Croatia - Hrvatska

nothing bad can happend if you submit

i got 20 000 pages indexed in 2 days without google sitemap tool...all you have to do is good linking structure on site
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

which tool can do a good google friendly sitemap for about 10.000 pages?? I would like to submit, but seems like no tool is able to index all my pages (it usual crashes). Can anyone give me a hint for a working, not too complicated sitemap tool?
    thanks
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It cannot hurt in any way, shape or form. Having you rank in SERPs is another matter...
  23. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Maybe I am really dumb... but what is the difference between your wishing that Google would index your site map on its own or your submitting the site map that ensures that Google will index it. Come on people... are we paranoid or what? First we complain that G doesn't index every last page... now we complain that G wants to know about every last page. Which way do you really want it? I submitted the site map that I created for Gbot to follow. You should too, or would you rather sit and wish that G would index all your pages?

Comments on this post

• entrepreneur7 : Once again, damn straight, "The grass is always greener..."
    • Wit agrees : (1) ???????
    • Mano70 agrees : I have tried it, and I recommend it.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  25. Croatia - Hrvatska

xml sitemap or sitemap on someone's site its same thing ..i don't see any diffrence

Comments on this post

• entrepreneur7 agrees : I didn't either at first, but some sites are 10K pages and up. That'd be a huge sitemap.
  27. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by wildnis
    which tool can do a good google friendly sitemap for about 10.000 pages?? I would like to submit, but seems like no tool is able to index all my pages (it usual crashes). Can anyone give me a hint for a working, not too complicated sitemap tool?
    thanks
    How about a simple (local) DOS dir command, with a nice search and replace added...? I've always been a dos fan, preferably 4dos ;)

Does Xenu Link Sleuth not work with 10k+ pages?

BTW I wouldn't call a 10k+ links page google friendly. I'd go for a "pyramid" approach, of leave out the "minor pages" altogether. Only do 10k links on one page if Google REALLY likes you ;)
    ...please help me w/ the real Redscowl Bluesingsky...how2 check backlinks...now postin' @ SEO Refugee ...
    <`)~ LOL now that I finally have a paypal account, I'm charging 19,- for SEO advice via PM. Seriously...
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

People are too paranoid. I have submitted 9 of my main sites and tracked the number of pages indexed daily. All have gone up like crazy. here are a few examples. I won't post url's, but use abbreviations. The following will be day 1 results in google followed by today's results. There is a one week gap between the two.

AFI: 64/1,800
    SCR: 846/29,900
    HAI: 4,420/16,200
    FB: 196/260
    WDC: 24/12,400
    DSF: 329/3,290
    TMF: 680/4,140
    BNS: 97/309
    RTL: 37/7,580

As you can see, EVERY site I submitted has gone up. Most by several thousand pages.

Go ahead, don't submit your sitemaps, more pages in the SERPS for me ;)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: