1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Does script has an effect on SEO ?

I know that SEO is normally independent of the programming scripts, and it is connected to the generated html only. But I am curious if there is any report that Google may judge/categorize websites depending on the script used?!?!?

For example, is there any SEO difference between websites created by Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, static HTML, custom script, etc ?

Definitely, I do not mean SEO features of scripts, as major CMSes have similar advanced SEO tools. Does Google care and/or record the script used for creating a website?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Essentially no - if it out puts the same HTML to the user based on the request then it is fine.

If scripts take excessive times to load, or cause funky response codes or can generate spurious pages if they receive mishandled requests then this can cause problems.
    One issue that you can have is that the same page can be accessible by many URLs, causing a canonical problem.

Comments on this post

• etrader agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

No evidence Google cares about scripts or coding methods. Only what kind of output they produce and if that output is within their TOS.

So as tstolber states above, pay attention to the end result, not the internal mechanism. By end result I mean page load time, valid code, cross browser compatibility, duplicate titles, goofy URLs, canonical issues, etc.

Having said that, my criteria for selecting a code base for a new site would be based on useability, expandability, cross browser compliance, required features, etc. The SEO is more about my content, delivering what the searcher is looking for, link building, etc.

Ed

Comments on this post

• etrader agrees