1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does Google Toolbar increase ranking?

I heard that if the google toolbar is installed in combination with own website as homepage on several computers, it will improve the ranking position. Does anyone know about this or has any qualified sources to research?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Please, don't believe everything you hear.
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by san004
    I heard that if the google toolbar is installed in combination with own website as homepage on several computers, it will improve the ranking position. Does anyone know about this or has any qualified sources to research?
    There are some ideas going around that the more people who goto a site(tracked with google toolbar) on unique ips the ranking will improve however I am not sure how accurate this is or how much it does effect if it does. I think Google wants to do this but hasn't fully implemented.
    -DONíT BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  7. I Never Finish Anythi
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Wow if it happens or in case its true, how abt spending days to make mannual searches thru the toolbar to get benefit for the website..i guess that will offer a bit of a relaxation to the SEO`s

Pray it comes out true..
  9. Moderator

Originally Posted by lovekills_s
    Wow if it happens or in case its true, how abt spending days to make mannual searches thru the toolbar to get benefit for the website..i guess that will offer a bit of a relaxation to the SEO`s

Pray it comes out true..
    That will not help you. They would have to be unique PEOPLE. To fake 100 visits you would have to own 100 ISP accounts.

Comments on this post

• john alphaone agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

They would have to be unique PEOPLE. To fake 100 visits you would have to own 100 ISP accounts.
    But if it is unique people, e.g. a company with 15/20 computers, would it help? I heard this from 2 Online Marketers, but have not been able to verify it so far.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by san004
    But if it is unique people, e.g. a company with 15/20 computers, would it help? I heard this from 2 Online Marketers, but have not been able to verify it so far.
    They'd all have the same ip address on the internet side of the company's router. Visio is right - to test this you'd need 100+ unique ip addresses.

If your online marketers are telling you this then ask them for the hard evidence that it works.
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  15. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Yep, a lan in a company would all have the same IP address and you would only see the router.

This is bull though, the Toolbar will not increase your rankings.

It would be very easy to wrtie a script on a DHCP ADSL account and just renew the DHCP lease and flush DNS and arp tables getting a different IP address each time. You could automate this to request your homepage each time and could easily get 1000 visits from unique IP addresses very quickly. I bet someone has already tried it.

Google does not and will not undermine its algorithm - that is what makes it! You can't artifically increase rankings no matter how many products you use or accounts you set up!

Classic quote that is very apt here

"If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is!"
  17. No Profile Picture

Not at all. Google will know the hits are coming from the same machine repeatedly. You will receive no benefit out of it.
  19. Moderator

Originally Posted by tstolber
    Yep, a lan in a company would all have the same IP address and you would only see the router.

This is bull though, the Toolbar will not increase your rankings.

It would be very easy to wrtie a script on a DHCP ADSL account and just renew the DHCP lease and flush DNS and arp tables getting a different IP address each time. You could automate this to request your homepage each time and could easily get 1000 visits from unique IP addresses very quickly. I bet someone has already tried it.

Google does not and will not undermine its algorithm - that is what makes it! You can't artifically increase rankings no matter how many products you use or accounts you set up!

Classic quote that is very apt here

"If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is!"
    I agree. It would take thousands of faked hits to increase your rankings a great deal which would be really hard to do.