1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does google read addresses on “Contact Us” page and use it for rankings.

I have a website that I want to rank for the search terms “podiatrist Houston”. The office is located in Pearland which is a town about 25 minutes from Houston on the outskirts of the city. I am going to have the domain name podiatristhouston.com, so I will have some EMD juice coming for the keywords “podiatrist Houston”. On the contact us page I am going to have the local address in Pearland. Will google read the address from that page and then realize the business is not in Houston, therefore not rank it high for the search terms “podiatrist houston”. I am not talking about local search results, just regular organic SERPs. Does anyone know the answer to this?
    Thanks
  3. SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

As per my experience the address on your website helps you to rank good in your local area but doesn't bar you to rank in other region.

The address of Pearland on your contact page will not bar you to rank your website on podiatrist Houston keyword.

If you can arrange a small office at Houston and add address of the same to your site it will be easier to rank for this keyword, but that is not necessary.
  5. No Profile Picture

Arranging a small office in Houston is impractical for me. I know that with google local places the site will show up in pearland because I can manually add it there. But I am wondering if google will find out the address from local and link it up with the website. I have heard that local serps versus non-local serps are very independent in a lot of regards, but I am not sure if this is how google finds the address for non-local serps. One thing I am thinking about doing is putting a robots.txt file on the contact us page. But do you think google still reads it and uses that info even if they don't index it? I also thought about putting the address in a javascript obfuscator so that google can't read it. Do you think either of these solutions would work?
  7. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

@OP,
    For organic search you will need to increase relevancy of your targeted keyword, podiatrist Houston. Placing an address on contact us won't hurt your organic results.

EMD domain are no longer effective. on the contrary it can add fuel to the fire when it comes to over optimization issue. Instead of domains, I would suggest separate pages for that location. We have deployed this for our Australian domains and worked great for all the pages created for suburbs.
    Lead, follow or leave the way...
  9. No Profile Picture

Yes, you can stop the Googlebot to reading and indexing your Contact Us page by putting the contact us page url in robots.txt file. And this is the genuine practice for doing this. Use the following line in robots.txt

User-agent: *Disallow: /contact-us.html

By using the above line, you will able to stop the Googlebot reading your contact us page content.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Increase relevancy of your targeted keyword, use great unique content to punctuate it with targeted traffic and your need, most definitely.
    www.hostingreviewed.com