1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

does google add you back?

Hello,
    I have a very small but decent forum site. But in the last 7-8 months I didnt have time to deal with it and then few days ago saw that spambots filled it with hundreds of thousands of spam messages. I uploaded my latest clean database backup and now the site is clean. But now i can not see my site in Google at all. even if i write its domain name . com , i can not find it... its totally gone from google. it is a decent forum site. small but original, and i was mostly updating myself from my expertise. posts are high quality and it has pretty good keyword domain so it wasnt ranking bad. but now it is totally gone. what can i do?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Ketanco,

Do you have a Webmaster Tool account for the site? If so, that's the first place I would check. If there were any manual actions taken against the site, you should messages regarding them there in the account. You can also check your Impressions/Clicks for the last 30-90 days and try to pinpoint just when you started to lose your organic search traffic.

If you do not have a Webmaster Tools account, I would sign up for one and begin writing a reinclusion request. You can find information at Google Webmaster Support here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35843

As to how exactly you should write the reinclusion request and what information to include, there are some good articles and examples out there. I won't endorse any in particular - just Google it.

Hope that helps!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

thanks so much, and i will do this but i have question

when i do this, will they say "oh this guy was a spammer so lets cancel his adsense account"? because i have adsense ads there too - fortunately no bad things happened with them.

also although you said you dont endorse how to write it, can you still give me some clues as far as what to do or say when doing this reinclusion request?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Ketanco,

I can't say either way how the AdSense account will fare, as I don't have extensive experience running one. However, it seems that YOU were not the spammer, but rather your site was hit by the spammers. I think if you make the situation and context clear in your reinclusion request, your AdSense account should be fine.

As for the reinclusion request, I would document exactly what happened as clearly and as detailed as you can. Let them them know you were "absent" from the site for a while and it became plagued by spammers. Detail the specific actions you took once you became aware of the situation. Provide dates/times whenever you can. Be humble, apologize and ask them to re-index your site. Ask them to provide info on any other measures you will need to take to get back in their good google graces.

Hope that helps!