1. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Does anyone use Press Release Distributions?

Hello Folks,
    Does anyone use US / UK press release distribution channels?
    I am just about to try a premium package from PR newswire.
    Just making sure if anyone has used any paid press release distribution network and has it delivered in terms of Business / Brand promotion or SEO benefits.

I am also considering pressreseasejet and PR(.com)
    I have used PR distributions in India before with varying degrees of success. This is the first time I am using paid packages in US. Any inputs from current users of such services will be very helpful.
    Last edited by NewDelhiSEO; Sep 15th, 2017 at 01:37 PM.
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I used press release services through about 2007... Not since.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Sep 17th, 2017 at 03:50 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I once had a discussion with a PR expert.He advised me not to waste my money until I have something very exclusive for the release.
    The press release for the purpose of backlinks and SEO would not be very beneficial and if we talk about brand promotion then I do not think anyone in 2017 actually reads press releases.
    However, if you have a local business, I would advise you to invest that money in directory posting for improving local SEO
  7. the mango demon

Thank you for your inputs.
    I was a little carried away with the convincing skills of the sales rep. Anyway I thought let me try once and see if there are any benefits in terms of Traffic and sales.
    So I bought one ultimate Press release package (will max benefits proposed). Now I am waiting to see if it does me any good. I will create a full report of the deliverables of a paid PR, the type of links that materialize and any viral link effect from those links in terms of small news agencies and reporters copying the news (as claimed by the sales guys). I will include any SEO / Ranking benefits if any too.

If this PR stunt does not work out I am considering paid business news on News Companies directly like Miami Herald or Boston Globe.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  9. SeoRaptor

Mmmm you should aim for articles about your business in local newspaper, it would have more effect because locals would be able to find out you exist. In terms of SEO I think it's pointless.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  11. the mango demon

Right Pierre. That was the whole point. We were offered guaranteed posting on Boston Globe and two or more similar sites in my geography. But it turned out to be utter nonsense.
    Henceforth I will use the sponsored news option on the local news sites. I am not expecting any SEO benefits. But I was expecting some traffic and a good reach in terms on readership. But all the statistics they point out seems to be bull****.
  13. SeoRaptor

What I meant was pointing at physical articles in physical newspapers, they will have no link but I personally read my local newspaper every morning with a coffee. This is why it will have no impact on your SEO, but it could on your revenue.

Two entrances,
    The basic article on a company (new product launch, address change so new company in town, company receives award (never had this one )
    The focus on a subject, seo presentation, importance of seo, how can local seo help local businesses, etc... (hard to get but with better returns)

Best time to get such articles is the period they are looking for content (eg: summer time etc...)

Regarding data provided by the structures i'm going to make a generality based on my experience in France but it might not always be applicable.
    - data provided sucks
    - data provided is totally unusable
    - data provided is truncated
    - data provided can even be false (even if you see it on a website dashboard)

They mainly use it to sell and prove benefits but remember that data is always only data and like statistics you can prove anything with it if you choose and truncate it wisely.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Sep 21st, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
  15. No Profile Picture

Unless you have something very exclusive to launch or news that will sway the market; Press Release is the thing of the past. I believe, Press Release is now overtaken by customer reviews. These are quick and look more genuine. However, there is no harm if you are giving it a try. Just a suggestion, the best site for PR is prlog.org
  17. No Profile Picture

I can say that a blind distribution of press releases doesn't help at all. What is better is to develop relationships with reporters and pitching them directly (even if it would be the cold emails).
  19. No Profile Picture

The online target audience gets limited to the site you post your PR and hence it is advisable to try traditional PR instead of spending money with premium versions. If you still want to give a try, you can post free PR submissions and look how it affects your traffic.
  21. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I am just about to try a premium package from PR newswire.
    NewDelhi... Let us know how it worked out.