1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Does anyone heard, know and used an alternative tool in place of Google Analytic?

I have read about the alternative tools in place of "Google Analytic", does anyone else head of it, or use it earlier, if yes then please share your experience, and if no, then join the query, We will find the answer?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Moz analytics is definitely a alternate to google analytics but only if money doesn't matter to you.
  5. Seo Control Panel
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Liberate Web Analytics - Analytics - Piwik is the best option available and its an open source tool can be installed on your website.
  7. No Profile Picture

There are many tools for website optimization. I built such a tool (select Visit Homepage from my profile). It really is the only tool that covers Heat Map Reports, Playback, A/B Testing, Conversion Funnels by Html Element Events and so much more. I went from nowhere (took 2 months) to be found on Google on page 1 when you type 'free heatmap' and page 1 or 2 when you type 'free heat map'. You can do it too. Check out my other posts to learn how (re:keywords and how to do it right). Then try my tool (it's free) and see if you can improve your ranking. My Visualization Builder (just launched) is in my opinion far superior to Google Analytics Goal Flow Report. It creates an interactive Sankey diagram which is very cool, it really shows you what visitors do between your home and conversion page.

Let me know if this helps?

Rob
  9. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KarnRawat
    Moz analytics is definitely a alternate to google analytics but only if money doesn't matter to you.
    Moz analytics isn't an alternative to Google Analytics; there's less than ~5% overlap in the functionality. The "analytics" it provides is not based on visitor data, which the original poster requested, but based on link data that moz collects, as well as crawling your site. It's more comparable to Bing Webmaster Tools if anything, but even that is not a perfect comparison. And "if money doesn't matter to you" sounds like the price is high ... I'd say look at the return on investment to see if it's worthwhile.

Anyways, we're getting off topic here - have you guys used any alternative software packages to Google Analytics? If so, what's your experience been like?

I used to use Sitemeter (including paying for the pro version). They haven't updated it in years though, it seems, and only store the last 4000 visits to your site. It's based on your log data, and is very rudimentary. If want certain data in an easy to digest form, though, it's good for beginners. You'll have to remember to export your data periodically though, which is annoying.
  11. Contributing User

Originally Posted by GabrielG
    I used to use Sitemeter (including paying for the pro version). They haven't updated it in years though, it seems, and only store the last 4000 visits to your site. It's based on your log data, and is very rudimentary. If want certain data in an easy to digest form, though, it's good for beginners. You'll have to remember to export your data periodically though, which is annoying.
    Are you serious..? You are using Sitemeter as a alternate to Google Analytics.
    Last edited by KarnRawat; Mar 20th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by seopanel
    Liberate Web Analytics - Analytics - Piwik is the best option available and its an open source tool can be installed on your website.
    The UI on Piwik always felt counter-intuitive to me.
  15. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KarnRawat
    Are you serious..? You are using Sitemeter as a alternate to Google Analytics.
    You're trying to mock me when your answer was hardly relevant to the OP's question, whereas mine was. Also, I clearly was referring to the past.

I disagreed with your content without mocking you, perhaps you might learn to do the same.

Comments on this post

• KarnRawat agrees : Sorry i should be more polite
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by GabrielG
    You're trying to mock me when your answer was hardly relevant to the OP's question, whereas mine was. Also, I clearly was referring to the past.

I disagreed with your content without mocking you, perhaps you might learn to do the same.
    Trust me i was not mocking you..! any way sorry again

Comments on this post

• GabrielG agrees : Appreciate you apologizing. Credit to you for being mature about it rather than the oposite!
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Perhaps the first question - before offering alternatives - is why? Does Analytics have some short comings and if so what are they that you need to go off in search of an alternative?
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/