1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Do you think Moz pro is being left behind?

I use Moz pro as well as AHrefs. I feel that the tools available in AHrefs are far superior. Their backlink reports seem to be more comprehensive and i feel that the keyword explorer in AHrefs is a lot more effective and has a lot more features than the moz keyword explorer. I'm in the UK and most keywords I look at in Moz's keyword explorer have no data.

I find myself only using moz for the site crawl feature, but when AHrefs release their site audit tool I don't think I will need to use Moz at all!

Am I just using their tools wrong or do you guys agree with me?
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I personally love Moz, but always as a community... As for your question, I think their tools need to be revamped to stand the competition, so yeah I agree with you
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Pinder 325,
    I've always felt all the SEO tools to be very USA centric.

• Keyword tools - For Australia, I can build better search word target lists in a half hour chat with my clients than any tool ever suggested
    • Backlink reports - I only use them to explore whether a competitor is likely implementing SEO tactics
    • DA and PA - I've never found a use for them.

Problems the SEO tool companies now have:

• RankBrain, which seems to modify the keywords used in the SERP results for short search word queries.
    • Major location based SERP skews for around 25% of all searches. I don't see this shown in SEO tools.
    • Voice activated search usage surging and diversifying search terms. (Average of 4 words per query in voice search.)
    • Google says it made 1,600 changes last year. The SEO tool companies have little idea of what these were.
    • It has made many revisions to its link valuation methods and values in the last few years. Again, the SEO tool companies have no idea what they were.

On the horizon is G's mobile index. Who knows what algo changes may hit us when this gets released. The tool guys don't know either.

You've seen the tool problems with the UK market. I believe it is even more dramatic/problematic in smaller markets like Australia and the 200+ other Google country domains. Some of these country domains are for locations with populations of less than 10,000. You think you've got problems? Try a g.nu (Island of Niue) search for "plumbers".

In future, I suspect SEO tools may be constrained to provide services for checking technical SEO issues.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Great Response :)
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Jul 6th, 2017 at 05:36 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

As I see moz still be favored and made more satisfied customer