1. No Profile Picture

Question Do I need a physical address?

The only way to sign up to Google+ Business, Yelp and many more directories is to give them a physical address and phone number and I suspect Google checks if these are all the real deal. My website simply exists on the web as a virtual business so I cannot sign up for these directories. Is it worthwhile setting up a virtual office in some city to maybe get more traffic or at least look more trust worthy to google?
    This of course would cost extra money. The other issue is the Google search results limited to local searches which may happen with an address, I am targeting the entire USA. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Yelp and other authorized local directories not going to add any SEO value all are providing nofollow backlinks but there is another value in the terms of local visitors for specific areas and same for Google maps but if your nature does not allow this then don't do this. You should focus on your niches and required marketing approach including organic SEO or paid marketing
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Could just use your home address, Google doesn't see this as a negative - https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...seo-24009.html

For Google My Business you can sign up with your home address but hide it from the public.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hey, You don't need to have a physical brick and mortar store if you are in the 'serviced' based sector, i.e. a personal trainer for example may not have an office, as IvanDrago already mentioned you do need to register your address to verify via a postcard that you are the owner of the business, but this will be hidden upon specification when setting up your listing.

Kay

Comments on this post

• cbmorales04 agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The company I work for is service-area based, and many of our owners work out of their homes. Google allows businesses like this to list their home address, but you have to make sure you hide the address, since you don't have a store front being managed that people can visit.
  11. No Profile Picture

You can just use your home address. You could also set up a virtual office, but that would a bit more complex as you would need to jump through a few hoops to get your address.
  13. No Profile Picture

My problem is the website and target audience are in the USA but my address is in another country.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Why is that a problem. Many businesses have GMB listings for their business in other countries.

The issues are if you get the address wrong or you move your business. Then you have to report the old location closed and create a new listing.
  17. No Profile Picture

Well ... this is always a common problem with virtual business. But the fact is having a physical address always help a lot. If it is not possible... my suggestion is better to go for a PPC campaign. Local SEO requires address.

If your geo targetted area is national ... you can go for low competitive keywords for ranking. Google.com is default for US and it is not easy to rank in it. Again PPC is a good option.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You won't be able to compete in U.S. Map Results if your address is in a different country. You could also get suspended for having a virtual office, like a PO Box from UPS. If you know someone with a home address in the U.S., ask them if they don't mind you using it. After all, you can hide their address and no one will see it.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User