Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cool Discussion About Useing Anchor Text

Hi all,

I think after penguin and panda update real anchor test should avoid and use "Click here", "Read this", "Get the more news", "Ezine Articles" that place.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

SEO is an overall dramatic changes in structure earlier there were too value of anchor tag however the links value remain same but few thing make it more better such as

• Come from respected brands, sites, people and organizations
    • Exist on pages that lots of other sites link to
    • Provide value to the user
    • Are within the content of the page
    • Aren't replicated many times over on the linking site

Even the ratio of getting back links for a same page from same anchor is not good idea one need to build some naked links. I think 60:40 ratio is quit better 40 percent links could be naked or from other anchors
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by saajan
    Hi all,

I think after penguin and panda update real anchor test should avoid and use "Click here", "Read this", "Get the more news", "Ezine Articles" that place.
    And why do you think that?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I think you are wrong that anchor tags are not allowed. Anchor tags are the best way to get quality back links.

Comments on this post

• tstolber : Anchor tags are back links, they are not the best way to get them - they are them
  9. No Profile Picture

It's hard to believe this..

Do you want to get rank for this keywords "Click here", "Read this", "Get the more news" instead of your targeted keywords??

The fact is that you should show variation in your anchor texts.So that it seems natural. Or else, it leads to keyword stuffing. And, it is considered as a Black Hat tricky in Google's eye,,!

Hi all,

11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am really confused that what should to do after penguin update and what is natural link.
  13. No Profile Picture

Use your keyword related anchor text
  15. No Profile Picture

Wouldn't using long-tail key-phrases be more beneficial than simply 'click here'?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

What is a natural link ?

surely its not too difficult to work out. Its one that occurs naturally of course. To put it into perspective, its not one of many thousand you can buy off spammy websites, forum signatures, blog comments etc etc etc.

Given that a lot of people do write "click here" etc when highlighting content across the net, its not unreasonable to assume that a certain percentage of "click here" type links will make up a percentage of a normal/natural link profile for a website.
    Last edited by Glenn Kilpatric; Dec 21st, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use below anchor text variation :

50% containning the exact match keyword.
    30%-40% containing keyword derivatives.
    10-20% containning brand terms/URL.

Be natural , and you dont have to worry about any Penguin or Duck updates.
  21. No Profile Picture

Hi all,

Hey.
    Using different anchors became useful in SEO marketing after the last Google algorithmic changes therefore nowadays quality means more than quantity
    Last edited by limeisbetter; Dec 22nd, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Glenn Kilpatric
    What is a natural link ?

surely its not too difficult to work out. Its one that occurs naturally of course. To put it into perspective, its not one of many thousand you can buy off spammy websites, forum signatures, blog comments etc etc etc.

Given that a lot of people do write "click here" etc when highlighting content across the net, its not unreasonable to assume that a certain percentage of "click here" type links will make up a percentage of a normal/natural link profile for a website.
    I agree. If these links are truly natural in the sense that other people link to you from their own volition, then you also have no control over the anchor text. What you should be concerned with is the context in which your link appears and the key phrases in the text around it. If you have another niche site linking to you, it's a vote of confidence saying you are a resource for this niche.

As of an experiment run in late 2011, Google still likes natural and varied link text Which Type of Link Anchor Text is the Most Effective? [An Experiment] | SEOmoz I can only make the correlation that varied anchor text is still important due to the EMD update as we enter 2013.
  25. No Profile Picture

I had a page gain several natural links in a short time on my website the other day. The page climbed from number 46 spot in google (for the main keyword phrase), to number one in three days. Total of 8 forums linked to the page. Some forums even linked to the other forums arguing over if the square footage mentioned in content was a misprint... long story.

What I found surprising was that no one used traditional anchor text.

For example, people used the entire URL...

Most would use anchor text <snip>

The above link is not the one in question as I cant share that because its on my money site and private, just example. Anyway, maybe the majority of links should just be the URL. Then just make sure your keywords are in the URL.
    Last edited by dzine; Dec 23rd, 2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: no need to drop that link as a mere example
  27. No Profile Picture

Do you think that is or isn't working? When I type SEOChat in Google Image I got egols image from seomoz.org blog & there is nothing with any anchor text. My point is if you use anchor text with "click here" & "download here" there is nothing wrong with that because the search engine is more smarter & identifies the text around the link with that page relevancy & gives value for that link. There are other tricks where you can get the link naturally.
  29. No Profile Picture

Determining how often you should use targeted anchors is pretty straight forward. Just research the anchor profiles of your top ranking competitors and see how often they use each particular keyword in their anchor. You'll quicly see that less is more and even 50% for a single keyword is probably excessive, or at the least unnecessary. What's more important is the relevancy of the page and surrounding text to your link.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: