Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Dillemma - chicken or the egg?

so i am facing this rather common problem, that i guess most new webmasters face.

i have a website which is fairly new. i have written some awesome kick-*** content for it. now, it is just sitting there...waiting to be linked to...

bookmarking does not seem to help much. my site is new, so no one can find the articles that are posted on my site.

so the question is: how will anyone find my unique/awesome content, when they dont even know that it exists?

my site will have traffic when it has links, but to get links you need traffic.

i'd really appreciate some feedback on this guys, especially from the SEO vets

thank you in advance.
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Submit your articles in bookmarking website like digg, reddit.
    If your content is rich and you using pinching title you will get automatically link back and keep patient.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by webcornea
    Dillemma - chicken or the egg?
    Answer: It wanted to get to the other side

You donot face a dilema. You face a reality check. You assume your content is excellent and it will generate links.

The questions you should be asking are:

a) Who will find this content useful?
    b) Which websites would these people be visiting?
    c) Is my content better then the alternative sources of similar content? If so why?
    d) What about my content would make a person wish to refer their visitors (ie their traffic) to me?

Once you have answers to these questions then you can start your quest to inform those website owners about you superior, unique, qulaity, interesting content.

Methods of informing webmasters of your content are quite varied.

These include:
    1) Personlised emails
    2) Social bookmarking/media sites
    3) Press releases
    4) Press articles / blog articles about your great site
    5) Publicity stunts
    6) Snail mail letters to webmasters/site owners
    7) Phone calls to webmasters/site owners
    8) Search engines
    9) Paid for advertising in traditional targetted media
    10) Hire an SEO company to promote it for you

These are just a few and will be met with differing degree of sucess depending on your market AND MOST OF ALL your content ........

Good luck..

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees
    • Prof.stan agrees
    Live the moment
  7. rod@missionop.com

so i am facing this rather common problem, that i guess most new webmasters face.

i have a website which is fairly new. i have written some awesome kick-*** content for it. now, it is just sitting there...waiting to be linked to...

bookmarking does not seem to help much. my site is new, so no one can find the articles that are posted on my site.

so the question is: how will anyone find my unique/awesome content, when they dont even know that it exists?

my site will have traffic when it has links, but to get links you need traffic.

i'd really appreciate some feedback on this guys, especially from the SEO vets

thank you in advance.
    Any link worth getting "isn't easy"... it's damn bloody hard work... you can still do it with reciprocal links as MaximumTadpole did recently http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.php?p=566766#post566766 course it took 16 months and he also noted:

Getting links is much harder for a web site that just sells stuff.
    I agree... and domain that is focused on "sales" is at a major disadvantage because the "sales copy" which tends to be a "must have" is poor search copy... and the issue with that isn't a keyword problem that people think [e.g. keyword density] it's a link problem... commercial product/service pages are not big on anyone list to link to... and that's a huge disadvantage because ranks tend to live and die with links to or not to internal pages.

Almost every site you have every heard about that gained ranks and lost 'em and can't figure out why... lack of internal links... links solely to the homepage is a killer... but links evenly throughout the website [most pages that are content oriented] is the difference between ranking in 16 months [using low quality links] to ranking in a few months using that same quality... if they are evenly spread throughtout the domain.

In there lies the value of SBM but seriously you can't easily "fake it"... if you're the only one finding your content rewarding... you can't digg enough to make it worth your while IMHO especially if you're attempting title anchors for holly grail terms. [...but this is a better strategy than recips].

At days end links "cost something"... and you'll spend much more in sweat equity trying to do it yourself as oppose to paying equity and getting someone that know "exactly what to do".

With an established site with history you can nail top 5 in less than 24 hours [but usually 3-10 days] with a new site a little more unpredictable but if you're after "traffic" and not holly grail ranks... 2-3 weeks is a really good bet.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : "links evenly throughout the website"... Write this down :lol!:
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 19th, 2008 at 04:58 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom
    with a new site a little more unpredictable but if you after "traffic" and not holly grail ranks... 2-3 weeks is a really good bet.
    hmm, this is a pretty bold claim. care to elaborate on this?

thanks
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

does RSS feed help on google?

syndicating your RSS feed, does that help at all in google rankings? please advise

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
  13. Retired from SEO

thanks
    Ohh it depends on your approach of work as Fathom says 2-3 weeks is a really good game.
  15. Retired from SEO

syndicating your RSS feed, does that help at all in google rankings? please advise

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
    http://www.searchengineguide.com/todd-mintz/rss-can-feed-your-seo-efforts.php
    http://www.webpronews.com/expertarticles/2007/02/06/rss-feed-tips-to-help-seo
  17. rod@missionop.com

thanks
    Actually all my posts elaborate on this... especially the one I just wrote in this thread...

Unfortunately, a step-by-step guide by fathom isn't something I'm interested in doing in public.

Catch 'n Re-Lease Me has a private forum where I'll spell it out.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : this is fathon sorry out of rep
  19. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by fathom
    Catch 'n Re-Lease Me has a private forum where I'll spell it out.
    Private PMs are not the above... I won't bother wasting your time with sale pitches... please don't waste my time trying to make me your company's decision maker.

The links are free... and you are paying to help develop linkbait so those links become of even higher quality... seriously "where's the scam"?

Do it or don't do it... but I won't solicit you via PMs please respect my privacy as well.
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:16 AM.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it this too crazy to work?

i am not sure if this is worth it or not

this is what i plan to do create 50 new blog accounts on free blogger sites. then update these blogs with new content 2-3 times a week.

new post will have my keywords as anchor text.

then market the blogs through syndication, RSS and blog directory etc

after crunching some number the total expense will be around $400/month.

is this worth worth the time and effort?
  23. Roll the dice.. and live

is this worth worth the time and effort?
    Only if you can actually create great contnet on the blogs that will attract organic links. If you can do that I still would think it would be better to keep all that great content on one site..
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Only if you can actually create great contnet on the blogs that will attract organic links. If you can do that I still would think it would be better to keep all that great content on one site..
    i dont think anyone would link to my blogs besides the directories or RSS feeders.

these blogs would just be there for inbound links to my site. kind of like these sites:

www. modernfurniture1. com
    lafurniturestore. blogspot. com

what do you think? i crunched the numbers again for 25 blogs and it came out to only $60/month.
  27. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

this is what i plan to do create 50 new blog accounts on free blogger sites. then update these blogs with new content 2-3 times a week.
    Please tell my competitors about this so they can spend their time on low value work.

Comments on this post

• saet agrees : Been there, done that and didn't even get a t-shirt!
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  29. Retired from SEO

Originally Posted by EGOL
    Please tell my competitors about this so they can spend their time on low value work.
    Means if we spend our time some thing like that then we are wasting our time.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: