Diff between 7x -asdf and 10x -asdf

Guys,
    When i type in:
    keyword1 -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf

and
    keyword1 -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf

I see different results.
    Anybody knows why?
    I can see some sites coming back in [10x -asdf] but not in [7x -asdf].
    Last edited by sardardolebole; May 14th, 2004 at 10:51 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You may want to make the question a bit clearer for more specific answers.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Good question-I would also like the answer to this.

I have a site that has improved results with 7x but
    excellent results (top 5) with 10x?

Very strange in deed.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question what does this code do

What does this code do anyways? Just curious, never queried google with commands other than allin:
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've heard it bypasses the sandbox and hilltop filter.....atleast the 7x -asdf removes the sandbox filter...i wonder what the 10x -asdf does...
  11. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

google limits queries to 10 words TOTAL .... so the 10 x does nothing more than 9x would ....

as for the other search ..... i get the same results with 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x, and 9x

3x does NOT seem to turn off whatever filter it is that is being turned off ....

what are you calling the "sandbox" filter .... please elaborate ....
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  13. Savior of the Whales

here is a question for you ....

search for

"buy a bean"

then search for

"buy bean"

it says ...."a" is a very common word and was not included in your search

HOWEVER ... the results are TOTALLY DIFFERENT .... does anyone have an explination for this difference??

theoritically google is searching the exact same query in BOTH searches ....
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Joebob,
    i do not have an answer to your very last question. But i do not think the "buy a bean" example is related to the question i am trying to ask.

"google limits queries to 10 words TOTAL .... so the 10 x does nothing more than 9x would ...." agreed..9x shows the same results at 10x

"as for the other search ..... i get the same results with 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x, and 9x" this is not the same for some of the keywords i am looking at...
    i get same results for 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x...and then a new set of results that are totally different but same as 8x, 9x,10x

"sandbox" filter = time to wait for the site to get its backlinks, content credited by google..
  17. Savior of the Whales

ok here is some information i can add ....

i have a site, it is not new ... 4 years old .... the backlinks have been there for a long time ....and it shows up high (#1) with this -asdf technique ... but is not in the top 200 normally (there are 5 sites that LINK TO IT which are normally included in the top 50) ... so this is turning off something BESIDES the sandbox filter ....

do you think it is turning off a "hilltop filter" .... and what exactly is the nature of this hilltop filter??
  19. Savior of the Whales

ps .... the site i mention shows up #1 if i use -asdf 4x, 5x, 7x, 8x, 9x .... all the same .... but NOT 2x or 3x

does this tell you something??
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i do not know...would like to get some ppl to answer these questions..
  23. <- Have you read my blog?

Originally Posted by sardardolebole
    Joebob,

"sandbox" filter = time to wait for the site to get its backlinks, content credited by google..
    Backlinks are just eye candy just like PR. You mean the sandbox filter is the time for the invisible Google dampening factor to decrease.

Hexed
    www.Three-Way-Links.com - Amazing way to increase your rank with Google - trading three way links!
    Free Online Games - free online games - what else could you want?
  25. Savior of the Whales

well ... it is definitely TURNING OFF some kind of filter .... because ...

1) i not only see different results from normal .... but i also see different results compared to doing an "exact" search .....

right after florida .... IF you did an "exact" search .... it turned off their filters .... but then they extended the filters to the "exact " searches also .... apearently this turns some filter off ....

it would be really useful to figure out exactly what it is turning off ... so we could learn more about what it is ... and how to deal with it ....

i can tell you it is NOT just a penalty filter .... since i also see terms where i have ... for example a site ranking #8 for a term .... but without the filters it ranks #2 .... so it is a "ranking filter" which is being turned off .... not just a penalty which normally puts you out of site ....
  27. <- Have you read my blog?

Originally Posted by JoeBob
    ok here is some information i can add ....

i have a site, it is not new ... 4 years old .... the backlinks have been there for a long time ....and it shows up high (#1) with this -asdf technique ... but is not in the top 200 normally (there are 5 sites that LINK TO IT which are normally included in the top 50) ... so this is turning off something BESIDES the sandbox filter ....

do you think it is turning off a "hilltop filter" .... and what exactly is the nature of this hilltop filter??
    Here's the rundown:

When you do a search for "keyword", Google returns the most relavant sites for keyword.

When you do a search for "keyword -asdf" Google thinks, well, I guess he doesn't want the word asdf in there and returns the same results unless a website has asdf in it.
    Same goes with x2 -asdf and x3 -asdf.

At x4 -asdf, Google says.. okay he wants to search for "keyword" and "a bunch of garbage". So Google returns a bunch of garbage sites.

When you get up to x10 -asdf, Google thinks.. okay he wants to search for "keyword", and a lot of garbage. So Google returns the sites it thinks poses the most garbage for "keyword". :p

So in essence, Google is not turning a switch off, rather turning the garbage switch on

Make sense? Thought so. It's logical isn't it?

Hexed -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf -asdf

Results:

Hexed
    Hexed is garbage. Stay away and never take this guy seriously. Click here to hear all about Hexed.
    www.garbage.com/hexed/ - 55MB - Cached - Similar pages

Last edited by hexed; May 14th, 2004 at 03:44 PM.
  29. Savior of the Whales

Originally Posted by hexed

So in essence, Google is not turning a switch off, rather turning the garbage switch on
    hexed ... you statement above is FOR SURE NOT a valid conclusion ....

the search i am doing does NOT yield garbage ... the results in the -asdf search are MORE relevant than the normal serps ... they just are DIFFERENT relevant results .....
    so i can say with CERTAINTY that some "ranking" filter is being turned off ....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo