1. No Profile Picture
    SET
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Description and Title removed from GOOGLE

hi All Buddies

Im in a big problem when Google came last time on my site for crawling it left me destroyed.

In Feb Google came to crawl my site and after crawling it removed all the description and title and wat was left was only URL and Similar pages links..

My URL is

www.delinquenttaxliens.com

Plz have a look at my URL and just check wats the problem with the site and why all the title and discription are removed as there is no kind of spamming and no Dirty SEO done for the site and also the site has lost all the positions in the Search Engines.
    Last edited by SEO_AM; Mar 8th, 2005 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Removed live link
  3. Not a Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

after looking at the site.. what i can see is that the site is having very less text in the middle section and rest of the site is same.. with left hand navigation and the right hand part which is same in all the pages... so aparantly google might have taken this is a simalar pages as there is very little text ...

this is what i can see.. you better have more unique text in the pages to avid any further such sort of things..
  5. No Profile Picture
    SET

thank for ur reply

But the fact is i had SEO on this site about 2-3 months ago and the site got indexed all of its 8 pages on most of the major search engines and the title and description were there. i got my PR increased from 0 to 2 and the site traffic has also increased as clear from the logs. and after that indexing no changes were made there in the site and in the recent crawl the googlebot just removed the desc and title which remains as it is on other sites.

Also if there would hv the problem of duplicate content it would hvnt got that inc in PR and not fully indexed at first tim and also a fine percentage of content differs in the site.

And also a little bit of research on net would give list of many site which r template based and hving not much content and even then r indexed.

Like u can find a thread

http://www.ihelpyouservices.com/foru...threadid=18117

where its mentioned about the site

www.virtualtahoe.com

and hving look at some of the pages of this site which r not hvng desc and title u can see that they r hving a lot of content and differ largely from each other.
  7. Not a Contributing User

Set.. these panelties care not be applied instantly by any search engine.... and same is the case with google.. as u said ur site got index 2 montha back.. which is fairly very short time and for google this is a new site... and google doesn't slap any panelty....
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you search the url www.delinquenttaxliens.com then you will get your description. Maybe your results are showing a different page which has not been indexed properly , like www.delinquenttaxliens.com/someotherpage.htm

What keyword are you searching with?
  11. No Profile Picture
    SET

i told that i got SEO done about 2-3 months ago but the submission was done a long way back and site was indexed even bfore the SEO.
    (not all but 4-5 of them were indexed on Google).

the point is why i mentioned that thread was bcoz that site is a good oldie and hvng content so there might some roadblocks that mine and that site is experiencing bcoz of some change in google algo or something like that.

one more thing Google is showing desc of home page www.delinquenttaxliens.com and for any other page the google is showing no title and desc as u may hv seen.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Spammy Stuff?

I am not sure if I am right - and am open to different opinions, but just going through the HTML pages on your internal site I observed the following which G might be seeing as SPAM:

All your ALT tags have your domain name (repeating domain name more than twice IMHO is considered SPAM).
    Too many META Tags - all with the same keywords as comments (Smells of SPAM).
    Summaries in tables - all targeting same keywords ( spammy keyword stuffing?)

Far too many <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    on your left panel, and this is pushing your text very very far down your document.

Also check your Robots.txt file - it could be worth removing if you dont have any pages which are private
  15. No Profile Picture
    SET

Thankx for ur in depth analysis of my site and for the solutions.

But the thing is that r u sure about that <ALT> tags pointing to the home page comes under Spam as u hv said.

and regarding other factors im having all different meta tags which most of the sites are having and also keywords included r not same i think.

And regarding that repetition of that html code

<tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>

this code just act as creating empty rows in a page and we hv no kw spammed in it so i dont think its a spam. and as it takes text much down in the code it will be affecting KW Proximity only and it should not result in penalty of this kind.