Thread: deleting posts?

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

deleting posts?

Why delete well thought out and presented ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Re: deleting posts?

Originally posted by "holymoly"

Why delete well thought out and presented ideas?
    If people start posting replies with stupid questions like they don't know what spamming the index means you may expect from one of the moderators to delete that specific threat....

We are here on a SEO CHAT forum and if people finding the honest techniques bull**** and rather promoting to use doorway pages instead,
    then they don't belong really on this forum since they got it all already..

Well done Moderator...

regards, hans
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am the one that deleted the thread, though it contained well thought out and planned posts the majority of the posts were flames, and what was a honest question quickly turned into a debate of ethics... i expect that the question will be reposted and the flames will be kept to a minimum.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't think you have any idea what I posted wm_asia. I made no threat and presented a clear response to what one webmaster regarded as "spamming". I made no reference to doorway pages.

I gave two specific reasons in which I outlined the flawed paradigm of a response to a question. One webmaster felt nearly anything was spamming, I disagreed and laid out my case, which was a good one. The whole thread was deleted, not just my post, so it may not have been what I wrote that got it removed. Regardless, I read your reply in that thread as well.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by "holymoly"

I don't think you have any idea what I posted wm_asia. I made no threat and presented a clear response to what one webmaster regarded as "spamming". I made no reference to doorway pages.

I gave two specific reasons in which I outlined the flawed paradigm of a response to a question. One webmaster felt nearly anything was spamming, I disagreed and laid out my case, which was a good one. The whole thread was deleted, not just my post, so it may not have been what I wrote that got it removed. Regardless, I read your reply in that thread as well.
    Thats what i mean, someone answered with stupid questions....on your threath...so this was NOT YOU....but it was the reason why it was deleted as Jason mentioned above...

regards, hans
  11. simple-biz.com

While this subject is on I would like to offer my apologies to everyone for one of the posts I really went far off and flamed unreasonably.

As a result my post is deleted. I won't do it again.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What doesn't belong on this forum is this attitude. During this mind altering May update the stress level is up and as a result, forums across the web have suffered by a lack of professionalism and respect.

Darrin has built a great community, let's not sabotage it. And mods, perhaps an edit or post first would be more appropriate than deletions.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

simple-biz and holymoly appear to hold strong, opposite opinions.

Jason appears to be the referee.

Ref, what was the foul?

While I would side with the opinions of holymoly. simple-biz did have the guts to appologise and it take a big guy to do that.

PhilC makeas a valid point.

Why not post the entire thread, together with your reasons for deletions/censorship?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by "kirby"

What doesn't belong on this forum is this attitude. During this mind altering May update the stress level is up and as a result, forums across the web have suffered by a lack of professionalism and respect.

Darrin has built a great community, let's not sabotage it. And mods, perhaps an edit or post first would be more appropriate than deletions.
    If you did read that post what was deleted then you would not have written it like this Kirby....

Let me explain ...

On this board there are many new ones who like to learn !!!!
    If someone is mentioning that there is nothing wrong with doorway pages then i will fight untill the end to proof the opposite, since they give a wrong information to the new ones....

like hey,.i should create now also 1000 doorway pages to promote my 1 page website....and wow i get visitors....(and get banned or for sure reported later !!!)

This is the wrong way of thinking since the google guidelines may be vague in some point...they are clear about doorway pages...DONT USE THEM...

For this reason they should be reported to google since those pages SPAM the index.....(they spam the google datacenters, for the newbees)

http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

And read this there !!!!!

Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
    Don't employ cloaking or sneaky redirects.
    Don't send automated queries to Google.
    Don't load pages with irrelevant words.
    Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
    Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
    Clear...or NOT !!

regards, hans
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hans,

I am one of those who likes (and needs) to learn and I find the give and take of opposite points of view educational because it often gives voice to my own questions. I am not debating the issue of spammers, doorway pages, etc. My point was about the comment 'they don't belong really on this forum..."

If someone is mentioning that there is nothing wrong with doorway pages then i will fight untill the end to proof the opposite, since they give a wrong information to the new ones....
    The very fact that the debate took place is educational, because whether people admit it or not, many see the use of doorway pages and other spam techniques succeed and ponder their use. Your willingness to prove the opposite may have convinced people not to spam. But alas, with the thread deleted, we will never know.

I also believe that deleting threads is risky and when done, explanations should be forthcoming and forthright.