1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Datacenters showing different new listings.

Three data centers are showing 358 pages on one of my site's being included this month whereas two are currently showing 359. Obviously I'm waiting for the last three datacenters to get updated as they are still at 237 but does anyone have any ideas why the discrepancy?

IH
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

they are still updating... wait another few days, the updating takes 3-5 days to be completed.

zen 8)
  5. Contributing User

I'm talking about the ones that have already updated. This happened last month. Some datacenters showed 236 and some showed 237 for the whole of March, I'm wondering why the different results if they all share the same index.

IH
  7. King of da Wackos
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

None of them are done updating. It takes about five days for the dance to end.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally posted by "internetheaven"

I'm talking about the ones that have already updated. This happened last month. Some datacenters showed 236 and some showed 237 for the whole of March, I'm wondering why the different results if they all share the same index.

IH
    the dance is not over... nothing is final. and the ranking you have in google fluctuates a bit everyday due to the freshbot maybe moving you up or down a bit. During March I was up or down two spots all month, and that is just the freshbot moving you and others around a bit. Nothing is stable and written in stone when it comes to search engines. That is lesson one in SEO.

zen
  11. Contributing User

Is SEO translating everything I say into a different language? Lets try this a different way:

Forget about this month's indexing as it seems to be getting you a little confused. Last month, (that would be the LAST Google Dance which is now over, agreed?) some datacenters showed 237 pages of one of my sites listed on Google and some showed 236 pages. The datacenters continued to show two different results all the way up to this Dance (the one that is happening now). Can anyone give me an idea as to why that would be?

I didn't think it was a difficult question to understand, if you don't know the answer just admit it, no-one will think anything less of you. There's a lot of webmasters in these forum offering opinions on things that they obviously know nothing about. (No offence to the people above.)

IH