1. Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Crawl Stats: Google Webmaster Tools

Hello,

I have checked crawl stats for my website which was submitted in Google webmaster tools.

This section is under diagnostics section. I am confuse with this stats. There are 3 stats as follow.

1. Pages crawled per day
    2. Kilobytes downloaded per day
    3. Time spent downloading a page

Google has crawled my home page many time (72.00 KB) but, inner pages were not crawled since 2 months. I am little bit confuse with it.

What is reason behind it?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

hi

i have just want to know how u find that Google has crawled your home page many time (72.00 KB) but, inner pages were not crawled since 2 months because i don,t get it at webmaster tools.
  5. Banned

Originally Posted by kumarraj5
    hi

i have just want to know how u find that Google has crawled your home page many time (72.00 KB) but, inner pages were not crawled since 2 months because i don,t get it at webmaster tools.
    I am using Google toolbar to check Google crawling date.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

i think you are talking about cached date .
  9. Banned

Originally Posted by kumarraj5
    i think you are talking about cached date .
    My main concern is that: Google web master tool give us Crawl stat. I think, It will affect on crawling issues. My home page is crawled many times. Because, I am checking crawling on daily basis. But, I am little bit confuse with inner pages crawling. How can I improve my crawling rate for inner pages? This is my main question.
  11. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by anandmistry
    How can I improve my crawling rate for inner pages? This is my main question.
    Get some backlinks directed at your inner pages.
    Update your inner page content regularly.
    Getting more backlinks to your home page will also help (PageRank will flow through to your inner pages via your site nav').
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  13. Banned

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Get some backlinks directed at your inner pages.
    Update your inner page content regularly.
    Getting more backlinks to your home page will also help (PageRank will flow through to your inner pages via your site nav').
    Can I solve this issue with help of Robots.txt file?
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Can I solve this issue with help of Robots.txt file?
    No, that has nothing to do with it.

Make a nice categorisation of your site. A nice flat url and site structure. Then get deeplinks to deeper pages and categories.

Use homepage to focus links and snippets on new and relevant deeper pages.

Use links on deeper pages to create relevancy and a main topic. If you can place a "related products" for example, this might help with a better flow.

Also get more authority on your domain. More relevant links to your homepage can help you with that. There are a lot more ways to get a deeper and faster recrawl of your site.

Following these recommendations should increase the likelihood that your site will show up consistently in the search results.
  17. No Profile Picture

I think to resolve this problem you must have to promote your inner pages too...and one more thing that your inner pages must be properly linked with the index page...
  19. Banned

Hello,

I have checked crawl stats for my website which was submitted in Google webmaster tools.

This section is under diagnostics section. I am confuse with this stats. There are 3 stats as follow.

1. Pages crawled per day
    2. Kilobytes downloaded per day
    3. Time spent downloading a page

Google has crawled my home page many time (72.00 KB) but, inner pages were not crawled since 2 months. I am little bit confuse with it.

What is reason behind it?
    Instead of start new thread, I want to ask one more question on Google webmaster tool & think post here.

My home page load time is 8.7 seconds. Is it good or bad? If good so not to worry but If bad so, How can I reduce it?
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Instead of start new thread, I want to ask one more question on Google webmaster tool & think post here.

My home page load time is 8.7 seconds. Is it good or bad? If good so not to worry but If bad so, How can I reduce it?
    About 4 seconds is the magic number before your visitors get annoyed and impatient. This used to be around 6 seconds, but last few years a faster internet connection, made that number even smaller.

About 9 seconds can be too long. If you site loads progressivily (some results are shown, before images and javascript is loaded) then 9 seconds can be good. If your site shows a blank screen for 9 seconds that is bad.

Making a site render/load progressively is quite the task if that hasnt been build from the ground up.

Google offers you Google Page Speed, a plugin for firefox. This can make a report from your website and offer you tips on how to create a faster loading page. Compression and combining resources usually nets me the most result in loading time optimisation.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you are interested in getting the Googlebot visiting your website quite often, you may easily follow the standard formulas followed by blogs an forums. Have you ever wondered why Google is visiting some websites hundreds of times per day? They are getting updated frequently and it is not even needed manually adjusting anything from your Webmaster Tools panel as Google will adjust the settings automatically.
  25. Banned

Originally Posted by bermuda
    If you are interested in getting the Googlebot visiting your website quite often, you may easily follow the standard formulas followed by blogs an forums. Have you ever wondered why Google is visiting some websites hundreds of times per day? They are getting updated frequently and it is not even needed manually adjusting anything from your Webmaster Tools panel as Google will adjust the settings automatically.
    If Google sets automatically so, May I know: why should Google give us webmaster tool? Please, suggest me some good use of webmaster tool. So, If I am not aware about it so, I will implement it on my website.