1. Qeustoin Eevyrhtnig.
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Corporations and Link Purchases

Some large corporations purchase links from high PR websites even though they are already PR9 themselves. I'm talking big brand names that everyone's heard of.

Purchased links always link to a deep internal page and sometimes even to another blog/intermediate domain which then links to the target page on the main website.

Do you think they just have too much money and a semi-competent SEO team or they know exactly whet they are doing and have enough money for thousands of PR5, 6, 7 & 8 backlinks?

Has anyone else noticed this practice?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by analogik
    Some large corporations purchase links from high PR websites even though they are already PR9 themselves. I'm talking big brand names that everyone's heard of.

Purchased links always link to a deep internal page and sometimes even to another blog/intermediate domain which then links to the target page on the main website.

Do you think they just have too much money and a semi-competent SEO team or they know exactly whet they are doing and have enough money for thousands of PR5, 6, 7 & 8 backlinks?

In another thread I was talking with sensei on almost same topic.
    I don't think they are purchasing links for SERP or PR, may be for visitors.
    Paid links are not at all search engine friendly, but few links at prominent position with no follow tags can help you to get some traffic.
  5. Qeustoin Eevyrhtnig.

I know for a fact they bought it from a pagerank brokerage service. Go figure...
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google does not like selling and buying links.
  9. Qeustoin Eevyrhtnig.

Yes, by now - it's pretty much common knowledge. The question is why are giant corporations using it then? Is it going to be shere incompetence (eg. BMW.DE the other year)?
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I know for a fact they bought it from a pagerank brokerage service.
    Interesting!!!
    Mate, don't know whether google is changing their algo or not,because as per I know google is not going to support buying links for PR.
    Lets see, what kind of effect they will get.
  13. Contributing User

Google vs paid links

source link:http://www.googletutor.com/2007/04/18/google-vs-paid-links/
  15. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Its just 'finger in pie' marketing. Does not hurt. May help internal pages link higher for long tails. Re-enfoces their PR. May help to get a multiple lising in search results. Puts up barriers to other firms. To me if their SEO team did not do it I would than question their comptenece myself....

Comments on this post

• Doodlebug agrees : If you've got the money to do it!
    Live the moment
  17. Don't Panic!

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Its just 'finger in pie' marketing. Does not hurt. May help internal pages link higher for long tails. Re-enfoces their PR. May help to get a multiple lising in search results. Puts up barriers to other firms. To me if their SEO team did not do it I would than question their comptenece myself....
    Yep agree with Gazzahk - if I had the money to do it and thought I could get away with it for a while then I would - whether or not it may or may not be against Google's policy. Exploiting every opportunity keeps them at the top of their game.
  19. Qeustoin Eevyrhtnig.

Yes, there could be a lot at stake though for big companies. If Google decides to make an example case out of a few (hence my reference to bmw.de site couple of years ago). Although it's questionable how far can Google go in this case as it's not like they are using doorway pages - yet still manipulating the results through link purchases.
  21. Capitalist

Yes, there could be a lot at stake though for big companies. If Google decides to make an example case out of a few (hence my reference to bmw.de site couple of years ago). Although it's questionable how far can Google go in this case as it's not like they are using doorway pages - yet still manipulating the results through link purchases.
    Why is everyone always stressing about other companies purchasing links? I buy them, atleast half the other people here on this board buy them. Why would big companies not buy them?

It's a simple truth, sorry to break it to ya in such a hard fashion. As long as Google bases their SERPS on so heavily on inbound links, these links sales will continue.

If your in a highly competitive market you have three options:
    1) Constantly build and create some incredible link bait
    2) Buy your own links
    3) Shut your business down

-D
  23. Qeustoin Eevyrhtnig.

I agree with the three points to some degree, but let's not forget that these type of companies don't rely on SEO. It's an extra for them. They do nation-wide, world-wide campaigns on mass media, have presence in all major stores and most people have heard of them.

The point of this post was to see if we can learn something more from the big companies's ways and see if you believe they are doing teh right thing and not just throwing money away just because they are jumping on a band wagon.
  25. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yes they did have money, but I really do not support this type of practice. Instead, I will try to focus on 20% of my business that yield 80% of the profits. And I'm sure 20% of it does not include page rank.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo