1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lightbulb Content theft and Google redirect

While doing some research today to find out why my biggest website is doing so bad on Google since the last update I discovered this when doing a search on Google for a unique phrase that is on my index page. I entered the phrase inbetween "....." to get precise results. When letting Google show the ommited results three websites that copied my site showed up.
    The funny thing is that the title shown on Google is the same title as my index page. The URL is the URL of the thief followed by the code go.php?id=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5oYWlyZmluZGVyLmNvbS8%3D.
    The code is precisely the same for the three URLs, although they belong to different people (one in the US and one in England). This makes me think that it is Google adding the code.
    When I click on the link I get redirected to my own homepage! => Google redirecting automatically to the original page where the content was stolen from.
    The cached version of my original url is dated 22 Dec 2004.
    The cached version of the thiefs' urls show my homepage and 31 Dec 1969 23:59:59 GMT as retrieved date (I have seen this date somewhere before on a forum).
    The domains of the thiefs have been registered on May 9th and April 20th.

Did anyone experience the same?
    Any advice on how to get the stolen content removed would be welcome.
  3. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Sorry, no full answer, but also read more info on the POSSIBLE 1969 cache date tell-tale sign...: http://forums.seochat.com/t20079/s.html&highlight=1969
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by chris1963
    While doing some research today to find out why my biggest website is doing so bad on Google since the last update I discovered this when doing a search on Google for a unique phrase that is on my index page. I entered the phrase inbetween "....." to get precise results. When letting Google show the ommited results three websites that copied my site showed up.
    The funny thing is that the title shown on Google is the same title as my index page. The URL is the URL of the thief followed by the code go.php?id=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5oYWlyZmluZGVyLmNvbS8%3D.
    The code is precisely the same for the three URLs, although they belong to different people (one in the US and one in England). This makes me think that it is Google adding the code.
    When I click on the link I get redirected to my own homepage! => Google redirecting automatically to the original page where the content was stolen from.
    The cached version of the thiefs' urls show my homepage and 31 Dec 1969 23:59:59 GMT as retrieved date (I have seen this date somewhere before on a forum).

I have had success in reporting copyright/trademark violations to other search engines (and the host companies).

I am also noticing that in this latest incarnation of Google search offerings, many sites which have literally cut and pasted my content onto their pages are coming up above mine.

-Dino
  7. Contributing User

Cool

Originally Posted by chris1963

Ok lets see if you have this problem
    Here are 2 examples
    1. Search on Google site:www.shopping-us.com
    2. Search on Google site:www.elpidagroup.com

In case 2 home page does not appear when searching site:...........
    HOWEVER
    In case 1. you will notice that www.shoppingcity.co.uk/includes/go.php?goto=http:/ /www.shopping-us.com&pos=21&keyword=Luggage - 28k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar page is indexed as the home page and it is not the site that I can conclude for myself (other may differ in their oppion that shoppingcity.co.uk has actually hijacked the home page of shopping-us.com)
    is a php site using a redirect link to shopping-us.com
    In case 2. you will notice that highjacking link comes from

www.discoverayianapa.com/adredir. php?url=http://www.elpidagroup.com%2F - 41k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

I know for sure that in the second case the link generated to elpidagroup.com is generated from a database on discoverayianapa.com (the site owner told me himself) and adredir.php redirects the link.

In both cases I have found that that google traffic for the sites have dissapeared.
    Allthough google made the hijacked/redirect/identical pages and put them into the supplemenal index(trash can) but what has happened with the actual sites home page when search site:...............

In case 2 we were lucky that google still reindexes the actual home page but does not show up in site:....... we tried to make the current home page different by adding a ton of text with internal links at the bottom of the page.

I must tell you that their people that disagree with me and can quite rude in their disagreements but I am personally convinced that once a page is in the supplemental index and has a cache date of 31 Dec 1969 23:59:59
    it is their to stay Maybe it is google's way to flag pages it thinks are part of a duplicate set of pages and dumps them into a separate index called (suppllemental index)

Click4 Disagrees with me and calls it a "It's amazing how posts like this spawn all kinds of wild and wierd theories. Dealing with the facts and talking from experience of the aforemention "69 Club" the above information is INCORRECT."

However he does use the word almost in his post "This is almost certainly due to a dodgy server at google" does this mean that he is not 100% sure about why
    cache date of 31 Dec 1969 23:59:59.
    Read the thread here http://forums.seochat.com/t20079/s.html

All I can say is that you may disagree with me but I am sharing my personal experiences (oh and I am not a newbie on the net)

ADDED NOTE
    JUST noticed that shopping-us.com homepage shows up in site:..... but the php page/|(copy of the homepage is listed higher and isstill cached in Dec 1969.
    Last edited by LifeAfterGoogle; Dec 23rd, 2004 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Updated oberservation
  9. Contributing User

I have similar problems.

I have written registrant of url a cease and desist letter. His hosting company a complaint, and complaint to adsense.

One offender quit. Have not been so lucky with other two. Good luck and hope someone can give you better advice.

It is maddening.

Shannon
    ------------
    Post Script: By changing the content on a page of mine that fell into the supplemental result category I got it back in Google rather quickly. I feel it was the direct result of duplicate content. I had used same paragraph taken from another one of my sites.

It appears to me Google is working on the duplicate content issue.
    Last edited by Shannon Smyrl; Dec 23rd, 2004 at 06:07 PM.
  11. Contributing User

Cool Update about database links php/asp portals Dup Cache

After doing a lot of searching I have found that many directory or portal websites that use databases for their their content and redirect links to the sites that are indexed have resulted in the above problems for the sites they have linked to.

There are so many sites like this that believe that none of this was/is done purposely but inocently. It seems that Google has started treatting these redirect links as duplicates of the sites they are linking/redirecting to in their cache and dropping the original page and suplementing/indexing the redirect page when searching site:dom...........com

I have noticed this with portals using php and asp with this problem.

Further I have have also noticed that the these portals have their dynamic pages either listed as url's or they come up us supplemntal index pages.

Google should look into this problem as it not only harms the portal sites which make up a big part of the internet but also harms the sites that these portals are linking to.

Do some checking yourself search for your domain name www. dom...........com and select pages [ages that contain the term and see if you are affected with this problem.

If you see www. anotherdomainname.com/ccccc.php?url=http:// www. yourdomainname .com - Supplemental Result

It is very possible that you have this problem.

I would appreciate feedback from as many people as possible so that when Google reads this thread that they might take the appropriate action to rectify this problem.