Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post Content Issue...

Hi,
    I'm working on a new site. One of the subject of the site is divided to 10 small categories which i have a 250 words text for each. together it's 2500 words... obviously...

Now... How should i spread this content in my site?
    I have 2 options but not so sure what is better SEOWise:

1. Put it all in the same page. Which will probably be a very long page.

2. create a page for each category - and a main page with links to all the 10 pages.

My thoughts are that when i have 10 different pages i have 10 pages titles, 10 page descriptions etc.. The info on my site is more focused and targeted.
    On the other hand my link juice will be divided with those 10 page rather than 1.

What should i do?

Thanks...
  3. GoogleCertifiedAdwordsPro
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by im_new
    Hi,
    I'm working on a new site. One of the subject of the site is divided to 10 small categories which i have a 250 words text for each. together it's 2500 words... obviously...

Now... How should i spread this content in my site?
    I have 2 options but not so sure what is better SEOWise:

1. Put it all in the same page. Which will probably be a very long page.

2. create a page for each category - and a main page with links to all the 10 pages.

My thoughts are that when i have 10 different pages i have 10 pages titles, 10 page descriptions etc.. The info on my site is more focused and targeted.
    On the other hand my link juice will be divided with those 10 page rather than 1.

What should i do?

Thanks...
    It is never easy to promote a single page on 10 or more keywords, rather 2 keywords per page.
    In my opinion, you must create 10 different pages for your topics and link all to a main page. Work separately on all pages for specific keywords.
    One more thing 2500 words on a single page, keep in mind that no body is going to read the essays. 250 words are not so small to define something.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I suppose this would depend on how often each category will receive new pages of content [if ever].

You are probably right 10 pages with 250 words assuming this isn't:

page 1 - Search Engine Optimization
    page 2 - Search Engine Optimisation
    page 3 - Search Engine Marketing
    page 4 - Search Engine Ranking
    page 5 - Search Engine Positioning
    page 6 - Search Engine Promotion
    page 7 - Internet Marketing
    page 8 - Web Marketing
    page 9 - Online Marketing
    page 10 - eMarketing

...and primarily the same 250 words minus the keyword phrase... not the best plan.

Comments on this post

• tomhanks agrees
  7. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Articles on my sites can be up to 4000 words plus multiple graphics. I've had best success placing them all on a single page.

They accumulate natural links faster this way.

If you have 2500 words of expert, expert content and put it all on one page the visitor will see this big article and it will make an impression of depth and quality. Also that makes a lot of different words that can combine with one another to capture long-tail queries.

If you have 2500 words of blah blah that few people would find humerous, informative, compelling or of any specific value you will have a hard time getting any good rankings in Google unless it is about a very obscure topic. In that case, ten pages of 250 words would probably get more traffic because you will not accumulate links that will enable you to compete for difficult terms.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  9. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by EGOL
    Articles on my sites can be up to 4000 words plus multiple graphics. I've had best success placing them all on a single page.
    Valid point. The only people who would read through all of that would be people really interested in the subject! So they are more likely to link to it.

But I could never get through 4000 words of content unless it was about beer!

Comments on this post

• saet agrees : Too true!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You should group them. Try to create a page for similar keyword and create as many pages as necesary. Similar keywords are easy to get them into the same page if the keywords are diferent use another page. In this way you can create relevant content for your keyword and look after the keyword density
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Originally Posted by seomonkeymanocp
    But I could never get through 4000 words of content unless it was about beer!
    Presentation methods can make a big difference. Fill the article with numerous interesting images, divide it with many subheadings, have a menu near the top that has anchor text to the subheadings. My articles look like most of the long wikipedia pages.
  15. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by im_new
    What should i do?...
    Put all of the content on a single page, reasons:

1. Reducing the number of clickthroughs [a big usability issue]

2. Prevent keyword cannibalization.

3. Target long tail keywords.

4. Have more potential to attract natural links.

5. The single page receives all the link equity that aids to achieve higher ranks. Multiple pages needs deep links to each of those pages which requires additional effort and gives no additional benefit [since they are all on the same topic]

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : I would normally agree but haven't the choices with limited effort used you are probably correct!

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  17. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Presentation methods can make a big difference. Fill the article with numerous interesting images, divide it with many subheadings, have a menu near the top that has anchor text to the subheadings. My articles look like most of the long wikipedia pages.
    yes I agree with I have a website I targeted same pages with it many keywords related to website services this page has very big due to content and ranking well in Google but presentation method is very impressive means well classification of page and get huge traffic to my client and bounce rate is very less.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Aug 19th, 2008 at 08:38 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Make pages for users not particular for Search Engines. If your page presentation is good and attractive, impressive content, target 2 keywords per page and along with other seo practices will be better rather than club all the text on one page.
  21. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by ghoshonline
    Make pages for users not particular for Search Engines. If your page presentation is good and attractive, impressive content, target 2 keywords per page and along with other seo practices will be better rather than club all the text on one page.
    An oxymoron post!
  23. No Profile Picture

Is there a "third way" where you can group it into three or four pages?

Each page with two or three topics discussed, and a link "go to next page where we talk about x, y and z".
  25. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

You could do it a number of ways. Many pages gets more ad impressions but frustrates visitors. One page gets less ad impression but might attract links faster.
  27. Wearing Many Hats
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You could do it a number of ways. Many pages gets more ad impressions but frustrates visitors. One page gets less ad impression but might attract links faster.
    On my more popular and powerful site, I use the same method. Loads of information on the same topic. Great for natural linking and longtail queries.

The only problem I find is in bounce rate. Visitors enter my site directly to the page they need (thanks to targeted longtail searches), get what they want, then leave. I'm doing exactly what Google would seem to suggest is correct by delivering my visitor what they want, but it may seem as though they didn't find what they want and left. I guess that's where pageview duration steps in in saving me.
  29. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Do you have a menu of subheadings visible above-the-fold? We make subheadings in the menu links that when clicked take the visitor down the page to the appropriate section of the article. Lots of visitors click them. Some of our menus have image links and they get pounded by visitors.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: