1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Confused regarding onsite content!

Hi,

Question, where abouts on a website should the content be and how much of it?

If you have a website that sells photos and one of the main pages is black and white photos with the keyword in the title tag also being black and white photos where would you put content to help this page's SEO?

Would you search in Google for the top 3 results off this keyword, note the keyword density and amount of words and try to add more?

OR have a blog, which has articles with anchor text links back to this page?

I here content should be updated well is this on the page itself or anywhere on the website, if anywhere will this still benefit the target page as much???

Basically im confused about how to use content?!!?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I don't think it matters where it goes but I'd suggest the content needs to be informational and not just a bunch of rubbish about the keywords....good unique content is king.

How much? I'd do a little at a time and keep building it....for the freshness factor.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The content should be placed as high as possible in the HTML code... followed by the images

It is very important for a website to have considerable text along with images. Since, in your website scope of text is very less, so make sure content should be very informative and good.

Also you want to appear in top results so better include the keyword in the URL (with hyphens)

Comments on this post

• realityhack : Where in the HTML the content is placed matters little these days. Google just wants to see content.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Guideline 1: Build your site for users.
    That might mean bringing people in on one page and showing the print on another.
    Guideline 2: Think outside the box. What might users like to see on the page with the print they are considering buying?

- A quote from the photographer/artist about the subject and meaning of the image?
    - A list of search-able 'categories'/'keywords' describing the piece.
    ex: Photograph, Black and White, Covered Bridge, Snow, Winter, Woods
    - Remember an alt tag that describes the image. XX's 19xx black and white photo of a covered bridge in the snow with a woodland backdrop.
    - Critics statements about the piece.
    - Link to an photographer bio
    - Consider user comments about the pieces.

Build a great site for users... then when you notice your keyword traffic is on the term 'snowy bridge' instead of 'covered bridge' consider altering your site slightly to optimize.

Make a site that users love like no other and the rankings will come.
  9. Contributing User

Look and sound natural

The key is to look and sound natural without missing the obvious.
    If you're targeting a keyword or phrase use. The longer the piece, the more likely you are to use it more than once. But don't spam.

Secondly, think about the website environment and user. What would they expect to see? What would encourage them to stick around, look for more information and ultimately to convert.
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by apg1985
    Question, where abouts on a website should the content be and how much of it?
    Where it looks best and where your visitors can easily access it. Hire a designer if you must, but dont just slap a plan text box on your site if its going to mess with the look and feel.

If you have a website that sells photos and one of the main pages is black and white photos with the keyword in the title tag also being black and white photos where would you put content to help this page's SEO?
    I dont think I fully understand what you just said lol, I kind of get what your asking but you have worded it a little hard. Post us a link to an example page (mysite.com/page will be fine) so we can see what you mean because I'm not sure if you got hidden content or not from the way you worded that.

Would you search in Google for the top 3 results off this keyword, note the keyword density and amount of words and try to add more?
    Its always good to see what your competitors are up to, its keeps you in the know of your market/industry and could give you some better ideas on how to out do them!

Don't pay any attention to keyword density, its not used these days. Simply write your unique and quality content for the human visitor and it will be perfect

I have always believe that you should try to have at least a 500 words, but the more quality content you can offer the better!

OR have a blog, which has articles with anchor text links back to this page?
    A blog is a great way to keep fresh and original content added to any site, plus it gets people involved (once you remove any spam muppet's lol). Also its a great way to gain authority from google. Have a read of this article http://www.seochat.com/c/a/Google-Op...-Google-Trust/
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank